Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

garlic

kpupdated

Inactive User
now they say that garlic will save your life....How? It cuts high blood pressure so they say! I thought it was to warn off evil spirits??

didn't know you was a mod?

I'm not a mod but I do prefer to know the source of news items and - as he is new - I was directing Kpupdated to a thread which explains the conventions used here for posting news.

Can't see why this should bother you?

By the way I am not a man....I am a woman.

I posted this in a new thread which I dont see a problem with. What do you mean by source? And dont forget I am new here

If I am supposed to post where I found the information thats fine not got a problem just be kind to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way I am not a man....I am a woman.

I posted this in a new thread which I dont see a problem with. What do you mean by source? And dont forget I am new here

Sorry I nearly did write he/she!

:)

Have a look at other posts in Main News - I always post a source,like:

Story from BBC NEWS:
Published: 2008/07/27 12:08:09 GMT
© BBC MMVIII

or maybe:

Charles Arthur
The Guardian, Thursday July 17, 2008
guardian.co.uk
© Guardian News and Media Limited 2008

or some people post

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7523212.stm

Basically where the story is from.

Last edited:
If you would like me to post like that its cool but I could not find anything on the forum usage about it?

It is ok...we are all friends....sometimes we just need to clarify things with each other.

If you would like me to post like that its cool but I could not find anything on the forum usage about it?

It's in the sticky at the top of 'Main Site News'. That's why hamba posted the link to draw it to your attention.

How can you possibly say that garlic will save your life?

My uncle's life was tragically taken from us purely down to garlic!!!

I container full of the stuff fell on his head :)

It is not me personally but a report in todays express newspaper and its front news.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

A daily dose of garlic can save your life!!!

If you take a daily dose of garlic it will reduce your blood pressure 16 million people have high blood pressure according to this report.

www.express.co.uk
By Victoria Fletcher
Front page news

A daily dose of garlic can save your life!!!

If you take a daily dose of garlic it will reduce your blood pressure 16 million people have high blood pressure according to this report.

www.express.co.uk
By Victoria Fletcher
Front page news

Nearly there kpupdated...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/35995/Why-garlic-is-no-longer-the-kiss-of-death

OR

Source Article
HERE
By Carolyn Armstrong - Daily Express

etc :)

It's common netiquette to attribute news stories to the creator.
They did put the time & the effort behind the story after all.

We realise you're a new poster here, & hope you'll stay to be an old poster :)

We all start off somewhere & were all newbies at one point too.
If you're not sure about something, just ask, there's always someone willing to help out.

You also get people all to ready to argue as well, but that's all part ot the rich tapestry of life :)

That Express site is a pain - opens two more advert windows as well as the main page.

Back