Garden advice need black plastic

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
I have a very large back garden so ive decided to grow some veg with my son so Ive turned it all over but its to late to grow out this year so I want to cover it up for next year .

All the local allotments have thick black plastic sheets over them in winter where do the get it from ?

whats it called ? stuff like this costs a bomb in the b&q and I need about 70 meters

any help please lads im a bit stuck :proud:

look around for Visqueen m8

can you pinch this off building sites are sommick is that the very thick black plastic shiny stuff I live near an allotment and in the winter every garden is coverd and I live in a very ruff area so I guess the didnt buy it lol

why do they cover it over with black stuff...is it to block the light so weeds don't grow ??

why do they cover it over with black stuff...is it to block the light so weeds don't grow ??

yeh saves you digging the weeds out again it also keeps the soil moist if its not breathable stops anything growing but the black material stuff you use from bq etc is crap doesnt last 5 mins and doesnt stop the weeds growing as rays and air still get through it

Back