Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Games from pc to HD to run on ps2

Insane_Jesus

Inactive User
I have a playstation with a hard drive. I use HD Advance to "back up" games. The ps2 has not been modified so cannot read "back up" discs.

Is it possible to download ps2 game image files from the net, put the hard drive in the pc and copy the game across, put the hard drive back in the ps2 and run the game??
: mr ed :

Yes it is m8, do a search for a program called winhip it lets your pc see the ps2 formatted drive and then add or remove the games.

Why dont you use the swap method to boot the back up games.Have a read about the swap magic discs.You dont need the discs if your just hd loading them just the tool.You simply eject the ps2 tray and turn off at back(to stop drawer closing)then carefully with a small screwdriver ease off the front of the drawer.This will allow you to slide and swap games.Basically boot to usual screen then convert but instead of ejecting tray - swap for back up with slide tool.Then boot.I have done dozens.Works a treat.:Cheers:

Here is the latest version 1.7.3 works a treat tested it yesterday on my ps2 enjoy:banana:

boot ps2 from memory card

Just a thought is there any way of saving hd advance to the memory card and booting from the card instead of having to put hda disk in to read from hdd hope this makes sense

thanks in advance :Cheers: :Clap:

keefy7 said:
Just a thought is there any way of saving hd advance to the memory card and booting from the card instead of having to put hda disk in to read from hdd hope this makes sense

thanks in advance :Cheers: :Clap:

yes u can get a memory card exploit of this program

but u need to use a ps1 game to boot it from the memory card

so it kind of defeats the purpose of what u want it for

Apparently, HD Loader can be used from a memory card in conjunction with Swap Magic to allow you to. I've never used this method so check google for more instuctions before you buy.

its a .elf file

but aint as easy as renaming it

u need to have a method of transfering the file to the memory card

i used action replay max

Thanx guys hoped there would be a way without having to load a disk and bypassing the laser :Cheers: :BLOBBY: :BLOBBY:

Back