fugitive " writes letter to cops

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
A KILLER gunman on the loose in Gateshead has written a long hand-written letter to police in the last 24 hours, cops revealed today.

Dumped Raoul Moat went berserk when he was freed from prison, gunning down his ex, murdering her new boyfriend - and shooting a cop.

Referring to the letter - purportedly from Moat - Detective Chief Superintendent Neil Adamson today appealed directly to the killer saying: "I want you to realise you do have a future.

He continued: "We can only help you with this if you make contact with us directly."

Moat, 37, carried out the attacks after Samantha Stobbart, 22, told him that she was dating a cop in a desperate bid to keep him away from her.

Ms Stobbart issued an appeal to Moat, through the police today, saying: "Please give yourself up.

"If you still love me and our baby you would not be doing this."

"When you came out of prison I told you I was seeing a police officer.

"This is because I was frightened. I have not been seeing a police officer."

The detective said there were indications that other people may be at risk and a number of them had been given police protection.

And shockingly cops revealed today that police were warned on FRIDAY that Moat, who was released from jail on Thursday, may have been planning to harm Ms Stobbart.

Last night Samantha was critically ill after Moat blasted her twice with a shotgun in Gateshead - then executed

Early yesterday Moat shot unarmed Newcastle PC David Rathband, 37, in his patrol car. He too was fighting for life.

The shotgun maniac phoned police after he shot PC Rathbone - to TAUNT them.

Bodybuilder Moat - who launched his bloody spree 48 hours after he was freed from jail - slammed officers for "not taking him seriously" despite a huge manhunt.

Frantic police chiefs feared the 6ft 3ins madman was bent on claiming more victims yesterday and begged him: "Stop now".

Killer Moat bragged on his Facebook page: "Ha, Ha! You can come but you can't catch me."

And it was claimed today that Moat may have created a hitlist of targets.

Monster

there's now a hitlist.

"I'm on it and so are family members. He's said he will take out any police that get in his way.

"I'm absolutely petrified because I haven't got police protection and he's angry with me and my family."

Last night Samantha's sister warned ex-bouncer Moat was set on "suicide by cop" and he would want to "go out in a blaze of glory".

Moat flipped after terrified Samantha dumped him while he was behind bars - lying to him that she was dating a policeman.

She hoped he would stay away from her. But her ploy backfired after the brute was released on Thursday from Durham jail - where he had served a two-month stretch for beating a CHILD.

A posting on Facebook read: "Just got out of jail, I've lost everything, my business, my property and to top it all off my lass of six years has gone off with the copper that sent me down.

"I'm not 21 and I can't rebuild my life. Watch and see what happens."

A source said: "Samantha called him in prison and said it was over because she had met a new bloke who was a cop. He talked about it non stop. It was clearly festering away with him."

Early on Saturday the musclebound monster - who worked as a tree surgeon and also has two other children - tracked down his ex after getting hold of a shotgun. He blasted her twice through a window at her stepfather's house in Birtley, near Gateshead.

New boyfriend Chris Brown - a 29-year-old karate expert - raced outside with an iron bar. He was executed with a shot to the head.

Friends paid tribute to Mr Brown, nicknamed "Brownie", on a special Facebook page set up in his memory.

Kylie Hampton wrote: "brownie you were a top bloke my heart goes out to you and all ur family !!!"

Another, Kelly Rowland, said she had known Mr Brown since they were children, adding: "You were such a big character, but always had a smile and time for a chat. Rest in Peace now. Thinking of you, and of your family at this terrible time. Love always. x x x"

Natalie Britton wrote: "What a amazing character! & such a fun person to be around, guaranteed the person to cheer me up in the cafe on a saturday or sunday morning whilst cooking and messing around, we were always getting into trouble and doing dumb stuff."

After Mr Brown was shot police launched a manhunt but Moat struck again early yesterday as PC Rathband sat alone in his marked car at a roundabout in East Denton, west of Newcastle. Moat blasted him through a side window of the vehicle at 12.45am. A car found torched 45 minutes away at Park Village, near Haltwhistle, Northumberland, was being examined by police.

PC Rathband lives with wife Kath, 40, and children Ashley, 16 and Mia, 12, in Blyth, Northumberland. He has a twin, Darren, who was last night jetting from Australia.

Superiors hailed PC Rathband a hero for bravely giving them crucial information about the dangerman.

It emerged yesterday that Moat had changed his Facebook status to: "Moat went on the rampage the day after his release from prison. He had served 18 weeks at Durham Prison for an assault." Last night a string of people against whom he bore grudges were under armed guard.

Friends paid tribute to Mr Brown, nicknamed "Brownie", on a special Facebook page set up in his memory.

Kylie Hampton wrote: "brownie you were a top bloke my heart goes out to you and all ur family !!!"

Another, Kelly Rowland, said she had known Mr Brown since they were children, adding: "You were such a big character, but always had a smile and time for a chat. Rest in Peace now. Thinking of you, and of your family at this terrible time. Love always. x x x"

Natalie Britton wrote: "What a amazing character! & such a fun person to be around, guaranteed the person to cheer me up in the cafe on a saturday or sunday morning whilst cooking and messing around, we were always getting into trouble and doing dumb stuff."

After Mr Brown was shot police launched a manhunt but Moat struck again early yesterday as PC Rathband sat alone in his marked car at a roundabout in East Denton, west of Newcastle. Moat blasted him through a side window of the vehicle at 12.45am. A car found torched 45 minutes away at Park Village, near Haltwhistle, Northumberland, was being examined by police.

PC Rathband lives with wife Kath, 40, and children Ashley, 16 and Mia, 12, in Blyth, Northumberland. He has a twin, Darren, who was last night jetting from Australia.

Superiors hailed PC Rathband a hero for bravely giving them crucial information about the dangerman.

It emerged yesterday that Moat had changed his Facebook status to: "Moat went on the rampage the day after his release from prison. He had served 18 weeks at Durham Prison for an assault." Last night a string of people against whom he bore grudges were under armed guard.

They were believed to include a social worker, a family liaison officer and detectives.

His ex-partner Marissa Ree, mother of his two other children, was whisked to a secret location. Twenty armed cops swooped to search Moat's three-bed semi in Fenham, Newcastle - where his BMW was parked.

Neighbours told how he festooned his home with CCTV cameras. Mum-of-two Danielle Atkinson, 20, saw him make a flying visit the day he left jail.

She described him as "paranoid and jealous". Samantha was often beaten up, according to the wounded mum's family. Gran Ann Hornsby, 69, said her granddaughter would stay with her to get away from him.

The young mum once posted a Facebook message that she was going out with a friend - and Moat stormed around wielding a gun. Ann confessed: "I'm terrified."

Samantha's half-sister Kelly Stobbart, 27, said: "He's a nutter. He threatened everyone in our family. He put my windows through once.

"Jail changed him because he couldn't get his steroids or anti-depressants. He could do anything."

"But he's a coward and he hasn't got the bottle to shoot himself. He wants a stand-off with the police, so they'll have to shoot him.

"He's definitely not going to give himself up. He wants to be the guy who died because he shot a load of coppers. We are all terrified that he's coming after us."

Samantha, wounded in the chest and stomach, has told relatives she put her arm up as Moat fired.

Kelly said: "The shot went through her arm and liver."
Killer’s on the run after gunning down his ex, murdering her new boyfriend and shooting a cop | The Sun |News

POLICE in northern England said the net was closing in on gunman Raoul Moat after they arrested two men he was originally thought to be holding hostage.

Northumbria Police told a news conference shortly before midday that the pair were found on a public road in Rothbury, Northumberland at 10am local time.

The men were arrested for conspiracy to commit murder and police set up a two-mile exclusion zone around the small village, as the hunt for Moat intensified.

Officers confirmed they had found the black Lexus used in the shootings.

Police say Moat killed his ex-partner Samantha Stobbart's new boyfriend Chris Brown and later shot police officer David Rathband in the face before going on the run over the weekend.

Detective Chief Superintendent Neil Adamson, leading the investigation, announced the arrests and thanked the media for agreeing to withhold the details that the men had been held hostage.

Chief Supt Adamson said: "I can confirm that both men are the people that we believe were the hostages.

"Both have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder. Both are currently in police custody. At this time Mr Moat has not been located. I am confident we are closing the net on Mr Moat.

"Mr Moat, I have a further message for you. Do not leave your children with distressing memories of their father. You still have a future. Give yourself up now."

Moat sent a 49-page letter to police saying he would continue to kill police "until he is dead."

i knew raoul personally, i used to train with him at the gym, he lived just streets away from me in kenton for many years, i also know andy mccalister who he handed the letter too, how he got back into kenton the day after he shot his girlfriend is beyond me as the full place was swarming with police and the helicopter, the way they've gone about it is a total shambles, they knew the danger his girfriend was in before he was released yet didnt do a damn thing to protect her, the police helicopter is flying around my estate now as i type, so the way i see it they dont believe hes in rothbury anymore, for the last 3 days it has been out constant and many doors have been kicked in in around different estates.. hes clearly unstable now and willing to die, the people in kenton are all scared stiff and most the schools shut for safety, just hope he gets caught soon, its unforgivable what hes done, but i hope it comes to a safe end for all, including raoul!!!!!

Last edited:
town was crackers all yesterday, just sirens all day long. u reckon it was him in seaton too?

can only end badly, cops seem to be going into over drive, probably don't want to be accused of not doing enough.

he could be anywhere mate, the way i see it hes wanted them to find that car and assume hes there, personally i dont think hes anywhere near rothbury, but i could be wrong. havnt got a clue who the 2 people who have been arrested are about, claiming they were hostages but sound more like helpers to me!!!

the quicker he is caught the safer it is for everyone dead or alive it wouldn't bother anyone as all this sicko is doing is trying to make a name about him self and for what..personally i hope he is shot dead where is is found before any more innocent people get killed ,,every dog gets there day at some point

Back