Freeview in London NW4 area

babylon5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone setup freeview in NW4, I'm newbie on freeview and wanted some pointers. I've got an old aerial up on the chimney and only get a few channels, wanted to buy a freeview box and get all channels. Checked on digitalUK site and I would be using the Crystal Palace transmitter.

Should I replace the old aerial? and what kind of cost am I looking at to get it fitted on the roof?

cheers.

You'll need a new aerial m8, for fitting prices, get quotes from local installers, prices vary.

thanks m8, one more question, do I need a specific aerial to receive HD channels? I was looking at 64 element aerials and I don't know which one to get from these two:

philex SLX 64

DAT HD

The second is listed to say it will receive HD channels, but is the first one good enough?
Does anyone know if one of these is better?

have a look in the free paper/local gumtree - there will be a local fitter that will supply and fit for around £70 or less...

thanks all, I will need someone to fit it so will look at the supply and fit option, cheers.

I think Crystal Palace is using a lower power reserve transmitter at the moment.

I think Crystal Palace is using a lower power reserve transmitter at the moment.

thanks for the info, does this mean I should look for a higher element aerial, like 64? or please advise, cheers.

thanks for the info, does this mean I should look for a higher element aerial, like 64? or please advise, cheers.

Why not wait until CP is back on 'full' power? I think the end of September 2010 was the estimated work completion date.

Back