Freestyle Dash 2.2 released!

maddogs

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just seen over at TX forums this has been released

Some of the new features:
Faster file management (copy / delete / etc)
Play games from pc-share (with ConnectX plugin)
Support for Slim on board MU
New weather provider
New tune on the about screen
Information on how to use ConnectX is found in the plugins folder.
For users that used the auto-update feature: the ConnectX-only package
can be downloaded seperately (instructions included).

mint! might as well get this on it then! Trust them to stick a new dash out after i'd made that youtube vid! lolol....typical!

Brilliant, if you alread have FSD on then i've just booted the xbox up and it's told me "i have 3 new updates" cool this FSD like!

Looking forward to this!

Brilliant, if you alread have FSD on then i've just booted the xbox up and it's told me "i have 3 new updates" cool this FSD like!

Looking forward to this!

FFS I cant get at the telly ;)

Looks like it's going to take a little work and a bit of reading for mapped drives and shares on the network....coffee time!

What is connectx?

Connectx is a plugin for Freestyle Dash 2.2 that will allow you to boot/play games off of
samba shares on a remote PC via network.

How to use:
First you must aquire connectx.xex from a devkit unit flash. (Version must be 2.0.20353.0)

*Due to legal reasons we can not provide you this file, please do not ask us for it.

Then you will need to apply the included patch (connectx_patch.xexp in the \Freestle Dash\Plugins folder of FSD) to the connectx.xex using Xextool 6.3

To do this use the following command:
xextool -p connectx_patch.xexp connectx.xex

(This will overwrite the orginal unpatched connectx.xex file so make a backup first.)

Afterwards, placed the patched conectx.xex in the \Freestle Dash\Plugins folder.
and cold reboot your Xbox 360.

Next go to the Settings menu -> System settings -> Plugins.
It should say Connectx Plugin is Loaded.

Then, enter your share information and username password.
Your shares need to be standard windows/samba shares.

Next, cold reboot your Xbox 360 again.

Once you have done that you should now see ConX: in filemanger.

Now you can manage files from the ConX: share via filemanager or add a path via path manager like you normally would for a local device.

The games will then appear in your game list like any other, and will be playable just like it was being loaded off
of USB/HDD.

Please keep in mind though the load times will likely be higher based on your network's performance.

Where do we get the devikit thingy mabob from then?...lol

Last edited:
Have sent you a PM regarding the "thingy mabob"
It's available via google and apparently it's already patched.

Quite a few crashes with this so far.....

Just working on the share, can get it to run the plug-in and connect to the pc.....but for getting to the menu in file manager I'm struggling on that a little......for now..lol

It's final FSD because theyre working on this ?

Rxe Is here - YouTube

Looks wicked that! where do i get it from?

EDIT : I've gone back to the old skool dashboard there was as i just get constant crashes using the new one.......over to you?

IMG_0089.jpg

(i think when i installed the new one i re-run installer, and now i get the odd crash on the old dashboard) just checking to see what could be causing it...)

Last edited:
There is now a 2.2 hotfix out to fix some bugs in the intial 2.2 release.

I'm not sure i wanna risk it like, got a bit nerve racking when the old FSD started to play up like....and might just wait for RXE....

cool. Is it available via the update system on FSD or is it a download that you have to FTP over again? i know it tells you that you need to remove it (the orginal version) and then install the new version but i just downloaded it from FSD when i got notified of the update.

I've just been using the built in FSD notifications.

I must say, it's quite stable atm.

I've just been using the built in FSD notifications.

I must say, it's quite stable atm.

i might give it another go then matey, just install it all from FSD dash then.......might....it's all working now, and as you know i just can't help my self......

Back