Freesat with skybox F5

Tim J Pearson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm just about to order skybox F5 as been realy struggling with Elgato eyetv freesat, just been collected by Amazon and sent back.

This is my issue, I have a Dreambox DM800HD already but only want something I can receive Freesat on with HD channels available to record to the PC for playback via Mediaportal. This will be just for me as don't want to go to the hassle of fitting an internal drive to the dreambox and overheating it.

My question is:
Will this box receive Freesat without a cline
Can I record glitch free to a powered external Hard Drive
Are they any good

Regards, tjpearson

why not spend a bit more and get something like a ariva combo as it will do freesat/freeview in mpeg4 hi-def and record to usb or just get a freesat box like the humax,regards mdt

why not spend a bit more and get something like a ariva combo as it will do freesat/freeview in mpeg4 hi-def and record to usb or just get a freesat box like the humax,regards mdt

Thanks for the replies, very, very helpful.

Don't want or afford Humax and I find the software terrible and slow and wife would kill me spending over.

Just want summit to record my docs for my chillout time but in HD and play the file through PC via Mediaportal piped to Sony Bravia.

I thought of using the cline from DM800 but read thats a no no.

I'll look into ariva combo, thanks but working to a poxy £100 budget and for that defo want HD

Back