Freecom DVB-T USB Stick - BDA Drivers now available!

24/7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Finally after loads of kicking and screaming from people across the net, Freecom have released BDA Drivers for their DVB-T USB stick.

You can download the drivers here!

I've managed to get the device working with MediaPortal (albeit still a bit buggy) however, have not had much luck with any other software. (GB-PVR or PowerCinema)

Anyone else had any luck?

Try Showshifter, I prefered it the best after trying loads of different apps but never tried GB-PVR or PowerCinema.

Yeah, I might try that, but is ShowShifter free? Either way, I regret buying the device! Wish I went for something like the Hauppauge USB Nova-T instead!

On another note, is there anyway I can view the TopUp TV Channels? Seeing as I don't have a card input... (If you know what I mean! Hehe!:p)

24/7 said:
Finally after loads of kicking and screaming from people across the net, Freecom have released BDA Drivers for their DVB-T USB stick.

You can download the drivers here!

I've managed to get the device working with MediaPortal (albeit still a bit buggy) however, have not had much luck with any other software. (GB-PVR or PowerCinema)

Anyone else had any luck?

Im using them with Windodows MCE , works like a charm, first time i have got the freecom stick to work without the usual buggy stopping and starting regarding the picture! Finally freecom do something right, wish other companies would listen to the customers issues (albeit freecom was a bit slow!) :)

The fact that they gave us BDA drivers is good, however, for those of us without MCE, hardly any programs seem to want to recognise the drivers! Hence I keep having to return to the crappy Freecom software that is the only one that doesn't seem to run so buggy!

Oh, and I forgot to mention their remote control which doesn't work unless you are sitting right next to the device, in which case it is usually useless for the "remote" purpose!

24/7 said:
The fact that they gave us BDA drivers is good, however, for those of us without MCE, hardly any programs seem to want to recognise the drivers! Hence I keep having to return to the crappy Freecom software that is the only one that doesn't seem to run so buggy!

Oh, and I forgot to mention their remote control which doesn't work unless you are sitting right next to the device, in which case it is usually useless for the "remote" purpose!

Yeah gotta agree with you there, the rmote is a waste of time, and though ive never tried it, I assume that the remote wont work in MCE, Im gonna try and get it to work with GBPVR, i got it to work before using other bda driver, yakomo drivers or something like that, but was a long effort. Saying all that, still think it was a good purchase for the money when i bought the stick

Im moving house in next couple of weeks, so just hope when i set it all up again that the blooming things works, fingers crossed :banana:

Back