Free EYE TEST @ TESCOS

cracker666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Tescos are doing free eye tests, the wife and myself had a freebie each.
:proud:
she had 20:20
me not so 20:20 ah well.

Free Eye Test Offer from Tesco Opticians (UK only)

UPDATE: D&A are currently running an offer for FREE Eye Tests until the 10th December 2009.

If you haven’t had your eyes tested recently (within the past 2 years) we strongly recommend paying a visit to your local optician to get them checked to make sure your vision has not deteriorated over time. Not only will your optician be able to check the condition of your eyes, your optician can also alert you to any possible health issues (as mentioned in previous blog posts):-

“There are a number of high profile cases in which a simple eye test has resulted in the patient’s discovery of an unknown problem with their health or even a cancer, effectively saving their life thanks to the early warnings spotted by the opticians who examined them.”

£10 or £20 isn’t a lot to spend on an eye test once every two years especially if it could save your life, but thanks to a special offer by Tesco Opticians, you won’t even need to spend that, as for a limited time (May 26th), they are offering FREE Eye Tests! To book your appointment, simply use the store locater on the Tesco website to find your nearest Tesco Optician then ring the store or book while you’re doing your weekly shopping.

What is more, we are informed that there is no obligation to purchase glasses from them in order to receive the free eye test, allowing you to make even greater savings by purchasing your glasses online at Glasses from £5 - Prescription & Designer Glasses or Sunglasses. Just remember to get a copy of your prescription from the issuing optician.

just to let you know that my wife went and had this and they wouldnt give her the prescription...

told her it was some law that they couldnt give until after a few months... but i recon its bs and they just dont want her getting her contact lense from online retailer...

just to let you know that my wife went and had this and they wouldnt give her the prescription...

told her it was some law that they couldnt give until after a few months...

That's nonsense. She's entitled to it straight away.

That's nonsense. She's entitled to it straight away.

I'm sure thats the case ...everytime we shop and i go to talk to them the optician is always out...

did some googling and found that some opticians actually try this trick.

get them to post it out to u, or get the optician to sign it and fill it in so u can pick it up even if the optician isnt in.

scotland is more advanced, we get free NHS tests every 2 years
<16s and >60s get it every year.

told her it was some law that they couldnt give until after a few months... but i recon its bs and they just dont want her getting her contact lense from online retailer...

lol, yes. they tried this with me! i walked out the shop with my prescription. if they refuse to give it to you, they are in breach of their obligations, to the NHS. or just plain greedy. which is more likely the case.

lol, yes. they tried this with me! i walked out the shop with my prescription. if they refuse to give it to you, they are in breach of their obligations, to the NHS. or just plain greedy. which is more likely the case.

It's maybe a tad harsh to call them greedy in this particular case. They offered the free tests in the expectation of recouping the money on selling spectacles. As it is, they've lost out, but that's the risk they took.

Whether they charged for the test or not, that prescription belongs to the person named on it.

It's maybe a tad harsh to call them greedy in this particular case. They offered the free tests in the expectation of recouping the money on selling spectacles. As it is, they've lost out, but that's the risk they took.

Whether they charged for the test or not, that prescription belongs to the person named on it.

i see your view. but, to me, someone willing to lie, in order to collect extra money. is two things: greedy and, very probably, a thief. but thats just my view.

I read time and time again, here, how people are seeing our country going to the dogs. yet the very things we rant about, theft, behavior and the like. are accepted, if it a business doing it. to me thats wrong.

went today mine had gone from 1.25 up to 1.50 not quite needing a dog yet, but the mrs eyes have got better, told her that her eyes were fine even though she uses glasses to read -- go figure that

Dont reccomend tesco poor service and cheap lenses your eyes are valuable
they dont think so

Back