Frank Lampard sacked as Everton manager

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frank Lampard has been sacked by Everton.
Losing at fellow strugglers West Ham United on Saturday was Everton's ninth loss in 12 Premier League games.
They are second from bottom of the table with 15 points from 20 matches, above Southampton on goal difference.

Read HERE

Last edited:
Sean Dyche is expected to be named as Everton's new manager, succeeding the sacked Frank Lampard.

Dyche and former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa were the two main contenders after holding talks with Everton's hierarchy.
Bielsa was initially understood to be the favoured choice of owner Farhad Moshiri but the former Burnley boss is now in pole position.

The Toffees want their new manager in place before the weekend.
Dyche expected to be appointed Everton manager

I took a punt on Dyche becoming the new manager, I think he's something like 1/50 on now. Personally it's a good fit. Even if they take the drop I'm sure they'll bounce straight back at the first attempt.

Here's a little side bet for you, although Burnley and Sheff Utd are in commanding positions to get automatic promotion to the Premier League try a fiver on Sunderland. At 16/1 their great value to win promotion via the play-offs.
The signing of Gelhardt will make a huge difference Screenshot_2023-01-28-07-22-27-461-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Do you not think Biela's demands on players in the Prem are all abit too much ?. You can press and run till your heart is bursting out your chest and win games that way in the Championship against a lesser quality of player quite easily but in the Prem good teams will pass through you or hang on till your legs have gone then hit you which is why he was eventually sacked

Do you not think Biela's demands on players in the Prem are all abit too much ?.
Bigger squads in the Prem so they get more rest.

Give Bielsa a top 6 team he wins stuff imo. Give him a championship squad in the Prem he will burn them out eventually. Don't forget he got them to 9th in the first season back, his methods were not sustainable with our squad depth.

I took a punt on Dyche becoming the new manager, I think he's something like 1/50 on now. Personally it's a good fit. Even if they take the drop I'm sure they'll bounce straight back at the first attempt.

Here's a little side bet for you, although Burnley and Sheff Utd are in commanding positions to get automatic promotion to the Premier League try a fiver on Sunderland. At 16/1 their great value to win promotion via the play-offs.
The signing of Gelhardt will make a huge difference View attachment 155492
Maybe looserpool might try and hijack him before everton sign him?

Bigger squads in the Prem so they get more rest.

Give Bielsa a top 6 team he wins stuff imo. Give him a championship squad in the Prem he will burn them out eventually. Don't forget he got them to 9th in the first season back, his methods were not sustainable with our squad depth.
Possibly right but why hadn't a big top 4-6 club throughout Europe took him on before Leeds?.

A top 4-6 club would suffer the same burn out and injury pile up as Leeds did and that's probably why he probably never got an elite managerial role.

Before coming to Leeds, (let's not forget he was in around 63-64 years old when he arrived in England) he had a massive reputation but he'd won hardly anything bar a couple of titles 30 odd years ago, tbh, I'd not heard of him

Look I'm not here to slag off a Leeds legend. What he did at Leeds was a miracle but my point is, getting players and expensive ones to over train 24/7 wasn't the answer.
I think even at an Utd or Liverpool with their huge squads they'd have to hire a few more physios to cope.

I watched Leeds before his sacking, he chopped changed players tactics the lot but when your players are f##ked their f##ked and when your body says no that's it fatigue and injuries work hand in hand and that's what kind happened to him.

Possibly right but why hadn't a big top 4-6 club throughout Europe took him on before Leeds?.

A top 4-6 club would suffer the same burn out and injury pile up as Leeds did and that's probably why he probably never got an elite managerial role.

Before coming to Leeds, (let's not forget he was in around 63-64 years old when he arrived in England) he had a massive reputation but he'd won hardly anything bar a couple of titles 30 odd years ago, tbh, I'd not heard of him

Look I'm not here to slag off a Leeds legend. What he did at Leeds was a miracle but my point is, getting players and expensive ones to over train 24/7 wasn't the answer.
I think even at an Utd or Liverpool with their huge squads they'd have to hire a few more physios to cope.

I watched Leeds before his sacking, he chopped changed players tactics the lot but when your players are f##ked their f##ked and when your body says no that's it fatigue and injuries work hand in hand and that's what kind happened to him.
You know what mate your quick to belittle Leeds and Bielsa. Yet you are not prepared to divulged the team you support.

I dont get involved in the football threads prefer actually going to watch my team and speak with like minded fans.

I'll stay out of em in future.

Belittle ?? Wtf you on about I actually praised him for his job as Leeds I just reckon he's not top draw and his track record proves that.
horses for courses and I personally don't think his methods work in the long run

Back