Frail ready to sacrifice his job

WEE GORDON

<font color="red">Number 1 Rangers Fan</font>
Reaction score
_44079004_stephenfrailglum203.jpg

Hearts assistant Stephen Frail is willing to sacrifice his job to help turnaround Hearts after the 5-0 drubbing by Celtic.
"I don't want to walk away," he said. "But, if it needs to be me that's accountable, if it needs to be me that loses my job then that's the way it is.
"Ultimately, the most important thing is that the football club progresses.
"This week the club unveiled plans for a new stadium, but we want to make sure it is full every week."

Interview: Hearts assistant manager Stevie Frail
Frail has become the public voice of the Tynecastle side, who are under the management of Ukrainian sport director Anatoly Korobochka and Bulgarian coach Angel Chervenkov.
He said before the trip to Glasgow that the team lacked leadership.
But, after a display that provoked many travelling fans to walk out, he said: "We have zero complaints. We were outclassed, outfought and outplayed.
"We are all accountable for a performance like that, but you can only do so much.
"I am putting responsibility back in to the players' court in terms of getting some spirit.
"I made a flippant remark about, if someone walks into the dressing-room with a bad shirt on, no-one says anything.
"I was in places years ago where it would be hung up, it would be destroyed or at least have some reference made to it.
"But there is no real banter.
"I can't remember the last time they went out as a group for a bite to eat or a couple of drinks.
"They have to sit and discuss it as a squad and see where they are going wrong. They need to get the spirit.
"Some of the players think the language thing is a problem, but they can communicate. But it's whether or not they want to."
The former Hearts defender communicates with Korobochka and Cerenkov via translator Konstantin Kornakov who uses a mobile phone from pitchside.
Frail speaks through Kornakov to accept instructions and make substitutions and described the situation as "frustrating" after the Gretna match.
Prior to the Celtic game, Frail had said: "I don't think we have a manager, the title of 'a manager'." "Maybe if our two guys spoke the language their influence would be more evident to everyone.
"Anatoly has the final say in terms of being sporting director on substitutions and team selection.
"Cerenkov is very tactical and he has offered support and advice.
"I get an input, the biggest influence being when we train and on the organisational side of things."

Back