Formula1

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
ITV to snub final qualifying!
In a disquieting hint of a trend, British ITV will not broadcast final Sunday qualifying in 2005. This year, the much criticised single-lap format will be played out over 'aggregated' duel sessions, slated for Saturday afternoon and race-day morning.

But an ITV insider hinted that the network would only show the initial Saturday version in full, with a highlight package prepared for broadcast before the grand prix.
"It's no surprise to me," Frank Williams told Autosport. "This format is not good."

FIA president Max Mosley, meanwhile, played down much hope of a quick change in the format, noting the need for unanimity. He added: "That would be difficult."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for those fans with satellite, you can snub ITV by watching here-

All Times CET (deduct 1hr for uk):

040305 - 01:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 1 (Live) - EuroSport France
040305 - 04:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 2 (Live) - EuroSport France \ORF1
040305 - 08:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 2 (Replay) - EuroSport France
040305 - 15:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 2 (Replay) - EuroSport France
040305 - 23:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 3 (Live) - EuroSport France
050305 - 00:15 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 4 (Live) - EuroSport France

( 050305 – 02:20 – F1 ITV uk coverage & 1st qualification live )
050305 - 03:00 - F1 - Australian GP – 1st-Qualification (Live) - EuroSport France \RTL \ ORF1 \SBS6 \Rai2
050305 - 08:30 - F1 - Australian GP - Pre-Qualification (Replay) - EuroSport France
050305 - 22:15 - F1 - Australian GP - Pre-Qualification (Replay) - EuroSport France
050305 - 23:00 - F1 – Australian GP – Warm-up (live) - RTL
060305 - 00:00 - F1 - Australian GP – final Qualification (Live) - EuroSport France \RTL \ ORF1 \SBS6

( 060305 – 02:55 – F1 – ITV uk coverage & race live )
060305 - 04:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Race - TF1 \RTL \ORF1 \SBS6 \Rai1

040305 - 17:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 1-2 (Edited Highlights) - DSF
040305 - 20:00 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 1-2 (Edited Highlights) - DSF
050305 - 08:45 - F1 - Australian GP - FP 3 (Edited Highlights) - DSF
050305 - 17:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Qualification 1 (Edited Highlights) - DSF
050305 - 20:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Qualification 1 (Edited Highlights) - DSF

060305 - 07:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Race (Edited Highlights) - EuroSport France
060305 - 16:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Race (Edited Highlights) - ITV uk
060305 - 22:00 - F1 - Australian GP - Race (Edited Highlights) – DSF
060305 - 22:45 - F1 - Australian GP - Race (Edited Highlights) - EuroSport France
090305 - 22:15 - F1 - Australian GP - Race (Edited Highlights) – DSF

...all updated with other hotbird/astra1 coverage...

lol, either my post was pants or you think ITV's decision is pants....:)
Anyway, lets hope itv change their minds, i think their main problem is the fantastic program line-up they have on sunday mornings :D what can they do eh?????? lmao

F1 is pants anyway these days lets face it.The sooner the break away formula starts the better.

By the way I just noticed the revolving "donated member" thing.Strangers to this site will think we donate our members to science or something......lol

yer, the GPWC (grand prix world championship) now has 9 of the teams signed up. Ferrari are well and truly isolated with their thoughts and plans on the sport. Even sauber (long-standing companionship with ferrari) have now signed up, accepting they aren't gonna use ferrari engines anymore.
The sport wont be the same without ferrari, but the 'sport' dont exist with ferrari. Lets face it, buying the championship and having more money than anyone else, just isn't sport.

Anyway, watchout this year it could just get better. Ferrari's new car isnt ready, but renaults is (and looking real good), and so is mclarens. Plus new tyre rules, and qualifying will suit Jenson Button and a few others, and even coulthard in the redbull/oldjag may show a few good midfield scraps, maybe with Webber. I think it looks more interesting for the start of this year. :) Only a week to go, and we'll see.

pinkhelmets said:
but the 'sport' dont exist with ferrari. Lets face it, buying the championship and having more money than anyone else, just isn't sport.

Bolloxs, Ferrari have to source sponsers and allocate budgets like any other team.

The better you do the better the sponser # which leads to a better budget the following year.

It's fooken time William's ect got there finger out and caught up to them, it not really Ferrari's fault that they have put there money to better use over the years and managed to keep a head of the game, that's what it's a bout.

I can see the break away group in a few years time being in the same boat but they will moan about a different team being ahead all the time.

And don't get me started on the wally Ron denis, he could never admit that his car was just shat even though the rest of the world knew it, it was always cos the other teams were all against him in some secret cult or sommit.

I can see this year being close but cream always goes to the top, and once it does will ppl be saying 'cos they have more money ect.' and they have spoiled the whole formula one show. My hairy arse have they, the other teams are just so bone idle to catch em.

Dont get me wrong, i am a ferrari fan, its just F1 is losing its way with regards public support (not me, i still luv it!), the other teams ALL want to do something about it (including ferrari). You know many teams struggle as it is, and a championship with say 6 cars only- ferrari williams and mclaren would seriously be pants! Its not really about another team catching and spending more, its about all teams survival and the survival of the sport, which this year we almost lost Jaguar and Jordan, while minardi only ever just hang in.
Without doubt ferrari's power has come from years of investment, insight and growth, and yes the other teams have got to step up. But thats where the problem is..... ALL teams agree on changes, but ferrari dont, so Max Mosely of the fia goes with ferrari. Why is this right? Also why should ferrari be paid more money from Bernie, just cos they are "ferrari"?
Its not really acurate that the other teams are pissed with ferrari winning all the time(thats the public), its more the arsehole atitude to other teams, the 'vito' they use and the siding of the fia and bernie to them alone. See i agree to what your saying in a way, but if its just the 'ferrari-one' championship, then there needs to be a new GPWC for the fans of motorsport. If ferrari join, then get out voted in decisions, thats fair, then all teams can do what they need to and step up a level. Max Mosely, alegedly the biggest back-hand cash crook, would not be able to single-handedly choose the path of motorsport. :(

Back