formula for working bets out

wazok

Member ++
Reaction score
hi
just thought id post you this ,its a formula to see how much you will win

using a calculater put in your stake , then times it by the total of the odds IE 7/4 7+4 =11,
so you have stake x 11 then divide it by the last number 4= how much you will win a single
,eg 2.50 stake on a 7/4 2.50 X 11 / 4 = £6.87
then carry on with the rest on the bet but dont use your stake use the amount you would win on the previous bet,
hope this helps someone

hi
just thought id post you this ,its a formula to see how much you will win

using a calculater put in your stake , then times it by the total of the odds IE 7/4 7+4 =11,
so you have stake x 11 then divide it by the last number 4= how much you will win a single
,eg 2.50 stake on a 7/4 2.50 X 11 / 4 = £6.87
then carry on with the rest on the bet but dont use your stake use the amount you would win on the previous bet,
hope this helps someone

much easier way.
£5 @ 11/2

divide the stake buy the second number(2) the multiply by both odds added together (13) =£32.50p

This is a much easier way to settle multiples as you dont need to keep remembering the returns then using it on the next sum.
e.g £5 double @ 11/2 & 9/2
£5 divided by 2 multiplied by 13 divided by 2 multiplied by 11= £178.75.
good for football bets and accumulators!

hope this is easy to understand and helps someone

how can it be easier?
try it on a 7 win accumalater,
eg:if you put 1+1 on a calculator it will give you the answer (2)
no need to remember.............then you carry on.
times by both numbers and divided by the last number.

I use a method similar to the 1st posts.

Example odds: 2/1 5/2 8/13
Example bet: £5

Add both numbers together in the odds and divide by the 2nd number. Then multiply the result by the sum of the next odds.

i.e [(2+1)/1] x [(5+2)/2] x [(8+13)/13] = 17/1

Then apply your stake.

i.e. 17/1 x £5 = £85

Easy! lol

just use a online betting calculator :Cheers:

much easyier

how can it be easier?
try it on a 7 win accumalater,
eg:if you put 1+1 on a calculator it will give you the answer (2)
no need to remember.............then you carry on.
times by both numbers and divided by the last number.

my method there is no need to remember anything, the stake stays in the calculator,
as for telling me to try it on a 7 win acca. i manage betting shops for a living and train staff. that is the method we use.
maybe i didnt explain it properly but it is the easiest method in accas with a calculator.

lookwhoiam, it seems to me your method is exactly the same as the original posters except you do the division first and he does the multiplication!

Both get you to the same place with the same number of steps

BTW I've used this method for donkeys years. It's a doddle

lookwhoiam, it seems to me your method is exactly the same as the original posters except you do the division first and he does the multiplication!

Both get you to the same place with the same number of steps

BTW I've used this method for donkeys years. It's a doddle

where mine differs is there is no need to remember the amount from each leg of the accumulator then start again, it carrys on, i used to use that method before i worked in a bookies but saw a few flaws with it, just giving people another way

Don't want you amateurs running around trying to work out your bets, but as a basic calculator it is ok. My advice would be use an online bet calculator saves arguing with someone like me :grrrr:

Or if you cant be ars*d pm me and I will tell you the returns :lol:

Don't want you amateurs running around trying to work out your bets, but as a basic calculator it is ok. My advice would be use an online bet calculator saves arguing with someone like me :grrrr:

Take it your a bookie m8?

This amateur for one works out his returns to the penny before going to cash in. And I do it with a pen, paper and the calculator on my phone.

Never seem to make many mistakes!

im anything but an amatuer mate, if u read my post i did say i work in a bookies.
what happens when you on a night out and your footie bet has just won and the pub is next to the bookies.
you gona go all the way home to check an online bet calculator?

Even easier way to do it, is give it to the bookie, and he works it out. lol Used to work in a bookies myself, so can work out the odds in my head quite easily. I just work out the odds 11/4 is 2.75/1 then you times that by your bet. Easy really. Accs and such, are just the same, except with more equations. Just like being in school again, with multiple equations. lol

Back