Forget the boxing

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We finally have a contender for a UFC belt March 27 Nottingham's own Dan hardy versus the great GSP my self personally think Dan could cause an upset to GSP, he has the power and the strength to knock GSP out, the only area he will fail is if GSP takes it to the ground, his ground game has got better and better since his defeat of B J Penn whom he totally annihilated last time out.

What do you UFC fans reckon, also another great fight on the card Frank Mir against Shane Carwin should also be another cracker Frank mir to take it on a submission in my eyes far too much experience for Carwin.

UFC® 111 ST-PIERRE vs HARDY

What channel is that gonna be on Jackel?

I'm from Notts and always like to shout at the telly in support of the local boys.

JB.

GSP is pretty much indestructible, he's one of the best fighters in the world at any weight and any style. I think Hardy will struggle to cope with GSP's explosiveness.

GSP is pretty much indestructible, he's one of the best fighters in the world at any weight and any style. I think Hardy will struggle to cope with GSP's explosiveness.

i'm not too knowledgeable on UFC but the 2 fellas who always stood out to me when I watched their fights were Anderson Silva and GSP.

So this Notts fella sure must be one helluva fighter if people are reckoning he has a good chance against GSP?

Look forward to watching it.

As good as Hardy is, I think taking on someone with the ability of St-Pierre this soon maybe asking too much. GSP is a legend in the UFC and is one of the most versatile dangerous MMA fighters out there.

Hardy has been given a chance in this fight, but against someone of the experience of GSP it maybe a bit too much. But nevertheless should make for an outstanding fight.

Agreed GSP is a legend in his own right and one of my favourite fighters, invincible no he has been beaten and a couple of times too, the thing with MMA is no one lasts for ever and it is an ever changing sport so many disciplines to master.

It will be a tough call but you never now.

Just finished watching UFC Primetime and as expected GSP looks outstanding, looks even stronger and explosive than before.

Hardy on the other hand is depicting the usual British fighting mentality as shared by boxers and mma fighters (except Bisping). I find that really off putting, and its good to talk up fights but theres a fine light between promoting a fight and being cocky when you have proven nothing.

One things for sure, Hardy is the type of fighter who will do everything he can to avoid losing and that may just be his trump card.

gsp winning in third round.....gsp will take it to the floor and will then ground and pound hardy to death...the ref will then step in and stop the fight due to dan hardy not being able to defend himself

i want to see gsp v anderson silva...what a fight that would be

gsp winning in third round.....gsp will take it to the floor and will then ground and pound hardy to death...the ref will then step in and stop the fight due to dan hardy not being able to defend himself

i want to see gsp v anderson silva...what a fight that would be

Possible.

I think Silva would kill GSP too big and strong lot more technique.

dan hardy has a heart of a lion...he was outclassed, but never gave up

he nearly had his arm ripped off but he never tapped out, what a warrior

to go the full 5 rounds with gsp is some achivement itself

gsp needs to move up and take on anderson silva once silva takes care of damina mia next month

dan hardy has a heart of a lion...he was outclassed, but never gave up

he nearly had his arm ripped off but he never tapped out, what a warrior

to go the full 5 rounds with gsp is some achivement itself

gsp needs to move up and take on anderson silva once silva takes care of damina mia next month

I wasnt the biggest Hardy fan before this fight, but he has certainly earnt my respect. The arm lock and Kimora (sorry about the spelling) looked excruciatingly painful yet he refused to give up. The surname now fits, Hardy as nails they should call him.

As for GSP he looked very disappointed, but think even he was surprised with Hardys resilience. One thing that showed was the gulf in class between the two and experience.

Bring on GSP vs Silva, and although I was a one time Silva fan. He doesnt seem to be quite as lethal as he used to be so a GSP fight is exactly what he needs. Although Silva may look bigger, on recent sight GSP has certainly packed on a hell lot more fight so come Dana make it happen.

Yes agreed lads GSP s take downs were excellent and i don't think Hardy had a chance to stand up with GSP, but that was the game plan. All credit to Hardy though.

What about Shane Carwin he is one tough fella cant wait to see him and Brock go at it.

As for Silva GSP i still say Silva, he can just turn it on at anytime and step up a gear, plus size.

Back