Forehead ad auction hits $30,000

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Andrew Fischer will use the money for college
A US man auctioning advert space on his forehead has received more than 100 bids and an offer of $30,000 (£17,000).
Andrew Fischer, from Omaha, Nebraska, has pledged to have a non-permanent logo or brand name of the winning bid tattooed on his head for 30 days.

"The way I see it I'm selling something I already own; after 30 days I get it back," he told the BBC Today programme.

The ebay online auction ended on Friday. Mr Fischer, 20, has said he will use the money to pay for college.

"The winner will be able to send me a tattoo or have me go to a tattoo parlour and get a temporary ink tattoo on my forehead and this will be something they choose, a company name or domain name, perhaps their logo," he told the Radio 4 programme.

It is not yet known who placed the winning bid, nor if the bid is 100% genuine - quirky ebay auctions are often flooded with spoof bids.

I wouldn't go around with 666, the mark of the beast

Andrew Fischer
On the online auction, Mr Fischer describes himself as an "average American Joe, give or take".

His sales pitch added: "Take advantage of this radical advertising campaign and become a part of history."

Mr Fischer said that while he would accept any brand name or logo, "I wouldn't go around with a swastika or anything racial".

He added: "I wouldn't go around with 666, the mark of the beast.

"Other than that I wouldn't promote anything socially unacceptable such as adult websites or stores."

The entrepreneur said his mother was initially surprised by his decision but following all the media attention she felt he was "thinking outside the box".

Back