Football Star Fights Back

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona is said to be responding to treatment after collapsing with acute heart failure.
1149578.jpg

The 43-year-old, who has a history of drug abuse, was taken ill hours after watching his former team Boca Juniors play a league match.
He was rushed taken to the private Suizo Argentina clinic in Buenos Aires where he was attached to a machine to help him breath.
His personal physician Dr Alfredo Cahe said he was still critical but his condition was stable and improving.
He denied reports on Argentine TV channel Todo Noticias Maradona had become ill after taking a drug overdose.
"He has a lung infection because of a chill.

He is quite stable and (his progress) is relatively good," he said.

Family members and friends went to the hospital to be at his bedside.

Maradona has a history of health problems dating back to his playing days.

His cocaine addiction led to heart complications in 2000 and has left him a shadow of his former self.

He is best known in Britain for the infamous "Hand of God" goal during England's World Cup quarter-final against Argentina on June 22, 1986.

He went on to lead Argentina to victory in the competition and helped them reach the 1990 World Cup final in Italy, which they lost.

I wonder if the hand of god will help the little fat cheating argie now, pmsl

MARADONA IS A HERO AND A COKE FEIND BUT WE LOVE HIM MWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA i think he is superb so was the alcholic PAUL MCGRATH and the cheat BRUCE EATABRA

Maradona Is Improving

Diego Maradona's condition has improved but he still needs help to breathe, his doctors have said.

The football legend was taken into hospital after suffering heart and breathing problems.

"He is a little better than yesterday," family doctor Alfredo Cahe said at the private Buenos Aires clinic where Maradona was taken on Sunday.

"He is stable, advancing step by step...it's very early, we are in a delicate situation."

But Cahe, who has shot down media reports that cocaine was responsible for Maradona's illness, added that the 43-year-old former Argentina captain faced a long spell in hospital.

"It will be a long time," he said.

"I would like to take this opportunity to ask for a little bit of respect (for Maradona's family)," he added.

would never wish anything like that on anybody, hope he gets better although part of me is thinking its his own fault and their covering for him

I've thought hard about this but the best I can say of maradona is "feck him" the little fat cheating Argie barsteward deserves all he gets, I hope he enjoys it !! and as i said earlier lets see if the hand of god does him any good now

Back