iPhone Font Change for iphone Updated!

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would share this font I've just put on my iphone.

A few screenshots of what it looks like as I hate it when you find something and have no idea what it looks like

SSH it in to System>library>font>cache

Make sure you rename the original files first in case you want to change it back

all.png

Just an update to the post thanks to the original poster

In cydia on thye big boss repo there an app called Fontswap takes all the hard work of sshing to your iphone along with Fontswap you can install fonts mega packand fonts mega packv.2.

once all ar installed you have choices of what Fonts to change
IMG_0015-1.png
IMG_0013-1.png
IMG_0014-1.png

Examples below

IMG_0016-2.png
IMG_0017-2.png
IMG_0018-1.png

plus lots more any questions please ask.

Last edited:
Thanks for the above,what software would you use to transfer the files across??
thanks

Winscp mate, can customise pretty much everything with it, SMS tones themes ringtones wallpaperrs etc

Hi

Could you give more information, and maybe step by step info

would be a great help

Thanks

Hi

Could you give more information, and maybe step by step info

would be a great help

Thanks

To change the font is as follows but generally same principle applies to all file mods just replace the font location with what ever you're looking for

1) Jailbreak iphone (qwkpwn 2.2 - post on here already with link and guide)
2) Open Cydia and search for openSSH
3) Install openSSH
4) Download winscp on PC not on iphone
5) Open winscp and login to iphone (ip address is found in settings on iphone) username is root and password alpine I believe
6) Make sure iphone does not lock screen else winscp will disconnect
7) Locate the furthest back you can go on the iphone folder structure (/ <root>) and enter
System>Library>fonts>cache
8) Find the two existing file names, right click and rename - I just put (original) before the file name that way they go to the top of the list if I want to change back, nice and easy to find.
9) Simply drag the two new files from the RAR in OP into the cache folder, overwrite, reboot iphone and done.
10) If you have a problem simply delete the files you just copied and change the files you renamed back to original format - all should be back to normal but if you folllow each of the above steps, should have no problems

To SSH theme, same principle but you need Winterboard installed on the iphone from Cydia
then just drop the theme folders into
Root>var>Stash>Themes (note there are 2 theme folders, one will have stuff in the other won't - simply drop in the folder with stuff in

Load up Winterboard and select the name of the theme you dropped in. Obviously you can install themes direct from Cydia, I just find it annoying to search themes on Cydia.

SMS tones

you need to get an MP3 (short) open it in itunesm right click and convert to aif (if it converts to aac by default, change in preferences>import settings in itunes to aif)

Once converted to aif, right click and select Preview in windows explorer, change your PC settings to show file extensions and rename to sms-received1.caf (note 1 is the first in your list via iphone settings, 2 is second, 3 third etc)

Reboot and set SMS tone to the number corresponding to your file name i.e. sms-received1.caf = tri-tone in iphone settings

These go in Root>system?library>audio>UIsounds

Ringtones must be in m4r format and go in Root>var>Stash>ringtones (not tried this but assume same principle as SMS tones (i.e. rename your ringtone to an existing file name and overwrite.

To get m4r simply convert to aac in itunes, open in windows explorer, rename to .m4r

ALL OF THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK - ALWAYS BACK UP ANY FILE YOU OVERWRITE ON THE IPHONE BEFORE YOU OVERWRITE AS ONCE DONE - NO BACK UP = NO GOING BACK

I am happy to help where I can but cannot help if you screw up your system files - Some system file screws up can't be recovered even by an itunes restore - you have been warned

Stick to the files above and you will be safe

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks very much

will give it a try tomorrow

if your fone is already JB and you hate ssh'ing to your iphone you can do it via the cable using iphonebrowser its free and you can drag and drop files to and from your iphone. great for getting the videos from cycorder off to. you have full acces to the file system on the phone, built in previews for photos etc. real killer app

Last edited:
Carrier Logo for O2

Not sure who the credit goes to, I just found it online

Goes in

System/Libary/Carrier Bundles/O2_UK.bundle

Again, rename the two files in the rar to the same as those in O2_UK.bundle {backup originals}

19069.png

I've just discovered that the Font I attached to the OP is infact incorrect, I've just noticed when I needed it.

So here are the correct ones.

Kristen - As per Picture in OP
Neo- Just google, most common
Original - In case you screw up

Lock Clocks
20080507_e06259bff16e95040e31djrogryew7jothumb.jpg

I must have deleted the picture of the font from the OP so here it is

iphone-1-1.png

Nice changes you made to the font. I use this theme myself, i am not a fan of the default font that it comes with or pretty much any of the text tones.

I just changed my received text tone to the blackberry's solar ping last night (i used blackberry's for years before switching to the iphone) and plan to change some of the other ones for email...etc. when i find suitable tones.

Nice changes you made to the font. I use this theme myself, i am not a fan of the default font that it comes with or pretty much any of the text tones.

I just changed my received text tone to the blackberry's solar ping last night (i used blackberry's for years before switching to the iphone) and plan to change some of the other ones for email...etc. when i find suitable tones.

if you use winterboard you can now just make a folder in Var>Stash>Themes called UIsounds and put any sounds you want in there, winterboard will override the defaults so long as they have the same name i.e. sms-received1.caf

if you use winterboard you can now just make a folder in Var>Stash>Themes called UIsounds and put any sounds you want in there, winterboard will override the defaults so long as they have the same name i.e. sms-received1.caf

Will that override the theme sounds as well? When i changed my text tone it took me a bit to figure out that it wasn't working because the theme text tone was overriding the defaults.

Also is the font you posted gone? For some reason i can not seem to download it tells me i don't have permissions...

Will that override the theme sounds as well? When i changed my text tone it took me a bit to figure out that it wasn't working because the theme text tone was overriding the defaults.

Also is the font you posted gone? For some reason i can not seem to download it tells me i don't have permissions...

Think you prob need more posts, the font you want is in the last post of page 1 not the Op anymore so maybe try that.

Winterboard prioritises themes so whatever is at the top of the list when you run winterboard will override anything else.

If you just make a new folder called Sounds.theme then inside that a folder called UISounds (note capitals), then make sure this theme is above any other theme then these will become default.

So in this pic

winterboard-screen.png

Apple Loaders trumps everything else.

You also can't manipulate fonts as per instructions before, this has gone with the new updates.

You need to use fontswap from Cydia and put any new fonts you want in Var>Mobile>Library>Fontswap>Packages then create folders as per the ones already there

Okay i did that, but now i'm a bit confused because of your following suggestion...

If you just make a new folder called Sounds.theme then inside that a folder called UISounds (note capitals), then make sure this theme is above any other theme then these will become default.

I did that as well, but now i have both a UIsounds folder and a Sounds.theme folder w/ a sub folder called UISounds in my Themes directory.....which do i use?

I have fontswap already installed just need some new fonts. I tried downloading your other file as well and i get the same thing. According to the pm i was sent by the board administrator i meet the requirements as far as post count to download so i don't know, maybe it takes awhile for those changes to take effect.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Okay i did that, but now i'm a bit confused because of your following suggestion...

I did that as well, but now i have both a UIsounds folder and a Sounds.theme folder w/ a sub folder called UISounds in my Themes directory.....which do i use?

I have fontswap already installed just need some new fonts. I tried downloading your other file as well and i get the same thing. According to the pm i was sent by the board administrator i meet the requirements as far as post count to download so i don't know, maybe it takes awhile for those changes to take effect.

Thanks for the help!

If the sounds.theme is higher than your theme folder it will supersede any sounds in the theme.

If you have a Sounds.theme it just means, if you change theme the sounds will remian the same, if the UISounds folder is in your theme folder and you remove it you will remove the sounds.

As such I use the following

Var>Stash>Themes

New folder Sounds.theme
Inside that new folder called UISounds (capital U, I & S)

then inside that the sounds you want, even if you copy them from the themes folder.

Else you can just have a folder in the theme folder you are using called UISounds.

The spellings of the sounds have to be exactly the same as the stock i.e. sms-received1.caf (no capitals) N.B that there are only 6 stock sounds so you can only have 6. You also can't rename them in the OS so sms-received1.caf would be tri-tone in the SMS sounds list in settings.

To make caf's you simple make an aif to the length you want (same as making a ringtone in itunes only choose aid not aac then rename to .caf

Back