Flyan air

baron

Inactive User
Reaction score
well just got back off hols 2weeks of sun and sand a bit pee,d off with carrier, on the out going flight. plane on descent cabin crew still serving drinks a few minutes later capt anounces 10 mins to landing, passengers not stowing their bags back in the lockers but in leg space not under seat I pointed out to cabin crew that these bags will be a problem in an emergency, he replied some thing about a 20 min turn round god help us.

Inbound flight, picture this scenario standing outside the loo ready for a pee, put on safety belt light comes on,stewardess lets the person in front of me go in the loo , she instructed me to return to my seat, I am not desperate but ready thinking hmm must be heading for turbulence, sat down, flight deck door opens pilot appears went in loo, goes back in flight deck after a quick chat with hostess, still no turbulence then out comes pilot number 2 had a bit of a walk about and a chat with hostess goes in loo comes out returns to flight deck soon as the feckin door shuts safety belt light goes out , thats the last time I am flying tryan air, ps didn't pi-- myself but was close:Cry:

Last edited:
well just got back off hols 2weeks of sun and sand a bit pee,d off with carrier, on the out going flight. plane on descent cabin crew still serving drinks a few minutes later capt anounces 10 mins to landing, passengers not stowing their bags back in the lockers but in leg space not under seat I pointed out to cabin crew that these bags will be a problem in an emergency, he replied some thing about a 20 min turn round god help us.

Inbound flight, picture this scenario standing outside the loo ready for a pee, put on safety belt light comes on,stewardess lets the person in front of me go in the loo , she instructed me to return to my seat, I am not desperate but ready thinking hmm must be heading for turbulence, sat down, flight deck door opens pilot appears went in loo, goes back in flight deck after a quick chat with hostess, still no turbulence then out comes pilot number 2 had a bit of a walk about and a chat with hostess goes in loo comes out returns to flight deck soon as the feckin door shuts safety belt light goes out , thats the last time I am flying tryan air, ps didn't pi-- myself but was close:Cry:

Nothing on Earth would get me back on Ryanair, even if they were the last carrier on the planet. End of. :Angryfire

not too fussed on that airline meself, bit of a cattle market when boarding with them.

everyone has to be seated when the pilot leaves the cockpit, this is standard with all airlines not just Ryanair.

In my opinion they are a company that everyone loves to hate, but remember that 20 years ago it took a weeks wages to fly from Belfast to London, now I can do it from Derry (closer to me) to London for as little as £50 return.

If you are traveling Ryanair they have a list well documented charges, if you don't want to pay 50 quid for a hold bag then make sure you pack light and it fits the dimensions. its not as if they don't tell you these things in advance.

A week or so back we had a Dispatches program on the unsafe fuel loads that Ryanair use, didn't really point out that the pilots had more fuel onboard than what was required by law.

They don't appear to be the type of airline that you should use to go on a family holiday but sound like a good bet for a weekend away or for the likes of people flying to European football matches etc.
After all they are a budget airline so you must expect budget treatment, but if you wish to upgrade expect to pay heavily for it.

Got to agree with theblueirish and D 8 RCS here. You get what you pay for, and only an idiot would believe the headline price. Even with all the extras Ryanair is cheap.

I wouldn't want to use them for a flight lasting more than about 2.5 hours but otherwise no problem. We can manage with a 10kg. cabin bag each for a short holiday in the sun and five quid each way for priority boarding is money well spent.

While I respect your arguments for, I find them (Ryanair) smug and arrogant - you bought 'cattle class' and we're happy to provide it.

Headline price is, as pointed out, pure BS, the website needs careful negotiation as does check-in. I could go on but...

They can stick it, I'd walk first.

Last edited:
everyone has to be seated when the pilot leaves the cockpit, this is standard with all airlines not just Ryanair.

In my opinion they are a company that everyone loves to hate, but remember that 20 years ago it took a weeks wages to fly from Belfast to London, now I can do it from Derry (closer to me) to London for as little as £50 return.

If you are traveling Ryanair they have a list well documented charges, if you don't want to pay 50 quid for a hold bag then make sure you pack light and it fits the dimensions. its not as if they don't tell you these things in advance.

A week or so back we had a Dispatches program on the unsafe fuel loads that Ryanair use, didn't really point out that the pilots had more fuel onboard than what was required by law.

Everyone has to be seated when the pilot leaves the cockpit, why?, clearly they wanted to use the loo, so did the the guy that pays their wages, nothing to do with low cost, if they are prepared to carry cheap they should still respect the paying passenger every air ticket they sell should have a warning fly at your own risk its only a matter of time, and thankfully I won't be a statistic.:D

Everyone has to be seated when the pilot leaves the cockpit, why?, clearly they wanted to use the loo, so did the the guy that pays their wages, nothing to do with low cost, if they are prepared to carry cheap they should still respect the paying passenger every air ticket they sell should have a warning fly at your own risk its only a matter of time, and thankfully I won't be a statistic.:D

for security reasons everyone has to be seated so no one can storm the cockpit.

gotta say we flew with them the last 2 years to portugal. always pay for the priority boarding , never had a problem. i don`t eat anything anyway on flights so the extras are of no concern to me. personally i think there ok and not much different to the rest in terms of price. on the plus side we now only take 1 suitcase between us and the carry on cases which saves on cost.

How does the fuel bit work when as an airline they've been warned over calling ' maydays' for early landings due to fuel levels.

I am not a pilot (maybe a bit of a spacer) but as far as i am aware in the incident in question that the channel 4 doc focused on the flight was to Madrid where they were told to hold due to bad weather, after holding the were diverted to Valencia where they were put on hold again this was burning up the extra fuel that they had on board.
If you read through this thread Channel 4 Dispatches Investigation on Ryanair August 12th at 20:00 - boards.ie a few pilots and other people in the business can shed a better light on it.

Back