flashing - Samsung sh-d163b dvd drive

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have the drive - Samsung sh-d163b dvd drive that ive used before to read xbox games, i may have read one a year or so back and decided to try and read one lately except it doesnt see the disc. Is it because the firmware is out of date or is the drive not good enough to read the drives anymore.

its been a while since i did this, cant even remember how to flash the damn thing and i go the game from a rental so dont have long.

any help appreciated

gio

Hi, im not 100% sure as neber had or used one but i dont think they will do the xd3 games mate, you need a xbox drive flashed with 0800 fw or a xbox drive and a usbpro v2,

you need to flash 0800 firmware to the drive.it will Be in the extreme lt 3.0 folder.just download lt 3.0 firmware and your firmware will be inside.if you can't do it post to Me and add return post.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hi dilly

I have a kreon drive but for some reason I read it does not work to well.so it's just sitting in an old pc.

I also have this drive - LiteOn iHAS124 - Disk drive (new dvd drive)

hi, only firmware i can find for your model is kreon v100, im presuming you need to use that but since i havent done it before i wouldnt like to tell you to do it that way, thing is though mate i dont think it will rip any of the new games, i think you need a benq or liteon drive with 0800 firmware on it,

dilly is right about the 0800 firm for some reason samsung doesn't check for ap25. it's that long ago since I done it so my apologies mate.you should be able to get a cheap liteon or Benq of bay.I have a Benq somewhere but needs a new laser if you want to pay postage you can have it.

ive really lost track of the xbox world, did my sons a few years back, sold all the stuff thinking id never need to do it again, only to find out i might need to update every 6 months ar so. But thats old news

what i need to know is can i flash this drive - Samsung sh-d163b dvd drive which was already flashed a few years back to read the latest xbox discs or do i need a completely different drive OR can i use this one and re-flash it with a new update.
as i say its been a while and out of touch.

i went and bought a LiteOn iHAS124 - Disk drive (new dvd drive) recently reading i could copy with this drive but i believe i need to flash it also but if i cant read with the other drive theres no point flshing this drive to copy.

cheers
gio

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

get your dvd key from the drive first then flash the drive back to stock , update the xbox360 dash and then flash the drive with iXtreme LT+ v2.01

plus look in the download section for iXtreme_Burner_Max Software

use that to flash your LiteOn iHAS124

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

get your dvd key from the drive first then flash the drive back to stock , update the xbox360 dash and then flash the drive with iXtreme LT+ v2.01

plus look in the download section for iXtreme_Burner_Max Software

use that to flash your LiteOn iHAS124

thanks for that spud, i have resident evil 6 here so i will give this all a go over the weekend and see how i get on.

cheers

gio

Last edited by a moderator:
Back