Flashing dreambox 500Hd?

mjamil

DW Regular
Reaction score
I amtrying update with dreamup but no luck like this power off from mains now link meni usb to dm and usb to my windows vista computer found new hardware installing drivers after few minuts said no drivers found go to site for drivers cp210 usb to uarta bridge linux vcp drivers download it but no luck if i go to brows type dm ip its go throw in reciever but no found how up date image please help me thanks

I amtrying update with dreamup but no luck like this power off from mains now link meni usb to dm and usb to my windows vista computer found new hardware installing drivers after few minuts said no drivers found go to site for drivers cp210 usb to uarta bridge linux vcp drivers download it but no luck if i go to brows type dm ip its go throw in reciever but no found how up date image please help me thanks

1st you dont need Bold writing it blinds nya trying to read it

Type in English and try to spell the words correctly we all make spelling mistakes but not every other word.

From what i can read between the lines you are trying to update your DM500HD via USB ?
If i am correct then it looks like windows cant find the Drivers for your USB device.
I would suggest trying another USB Device to put your image on then try again.

After 2 seconds on google i find this i hope it helps.

Flashing DM500HD with dreamup - what you should be aware of
NOTE: Normally I would not flash using dreamup; use a browser like with the DM600:
a. Switch of DM500HD, press the front switch and hold while powering on.
b. Connect with a browser to the DHCP supplied IP.

But if the box has been flashed with a bad image, use dreamup as follows.

The DM500HD does not have a serial port. It has a mini USB port instead. When using dreamup, it expects to use a COM port to set the box in flash mode. This had me confused for a bit as the DreamMultimedia website did not have any explanation of how to get around this problem.
1. On the off-chance something might happen, I connected the mini USB (dreambox) to a USB port on my PC and got 'new hard found DM500HD'. I then let it install the software for the 'new hardware', which was reported as a 'composite device' with nothing in the name to indicate it was a dreambox. I let it go through all the installing software rubbish until it said ' new hard is installed succesfully'.
2. Connect your dreambox to the LAN - FLASHING USING THE SERIAL(USB) CONNECTION DOES NOT WORK But you have to have the USB also connected to use dreamup.
3. I switched off the dreambox.
4. I then opened dreamup and a new COM port had appeared (COM15). I selected this COM15 and clicked 'connect' at which point dreamup wanted me to switch on the dreambox.
4a. Tick the box 'Network Connection' and set up the correct IP addresses.
5. Switch on the dreambox. It will now upload the flash loader to the dreambox - wait.
6. Click 'Flash' and select the image you want to flash. Then wait until it reports it has completed flashing.

If the network does not connect for some reason, then you will get an error 'Bad Request 400' in the dreamup window. This will happen anytime you try to flash using only the USB connection. Remember to tick the box 'Use network' in dreamup.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back