iPhone Fix Cydia Lag and crashing issues! Remove the ADs!

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
I know everyone hates how slow and groggy Cydia has been since 3.0 came out. Thankfully, there is a way to fix it, and as far as I can tell, it's not a new idea.

We all know and love Cydia. Beside the store , all the individual repositories are making money by displaying ads inside every single package page. Personally, i understand that, and it does not bother me. But when performance and overall experience is affected by ads, you should remove them. There is an easy way to do it….

1. SSH into your iDevice and browse to /Applications/Cydia/ and create two copies of package.js computer ( one is your backup and you will edit the other one ) . Inside that file search for var depiction = package.depiction .

22.png

2. Edit that line so that depiction = package.depiction will become depiction = null .
12-1.png

3. Now save the file and copy it back to /Applications/Cydia/ , overwriting the original one. That’s it. Now restart Cydia and enjoy.

You`ll only be able to do this if u know how to ssh into your device!

having just done this i did notice when i ssh to my iphone u will c 2 cydia folders the package.js file is in the cydia app folder

Last edited:
Back