first xbox dvd drive

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys i have the first xbox that i use as a media center and the drive is playing up big time. my question is , is there a normal dvd drive i would be able to use that will allow me to put the that xbox cover on the end of the drive and play origionals?(i know flashing maybe involved) any help much appriciated

hi guys i have the first xbox that i use as a media center and the drive is playing up big time. my question is , is there a normal dvd drive i would be able to use that will allow me to put the that xbox cover on the end of the drive and play origionals?(i know flashing maybe involved) any help much appriciated

No you cannot do this. It must be an Xbox 1 specific drive. What exactly is wrong with your drive?

You can add a second PC DVD drive but it would mean that you have to have it hanging out of the back of the case. It is far easier to get a replacement.

so i cant put another drive in only to play backups and movies? what will happen will it not boot?

bugger thanks for your help

As you possibly may know the biggest problem is that cabling at the back of the xbox DVD drive is non standard apart from the IDE connector. I have seen an article on how to convert one specific PC Drive to work on the xbox but to be honest its would be easier to get a replacement xbox drive.

cheers i will try just giving it a good clean .if i have to replace the drive im gunna just buy an xbox from cash converters they are only 30 quid

Back