Firestick query

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of getting 4k firestick but was just wondring how well it can stream movie files 10-20gb from my real-dedrid account.
Also what is the best way to side load apps nowadays and does anyone use an air mouse remote using an otg cable and if so does it work well.

As long as your internet speed is good, I believe they stream 4k pretty well, I side load with abdlink, but once you have filelinked on you can get most apps from one of the store codes. Your air mouse will work fine with a splitter lead.

Last edited:
Also meant to ask can you power it from USB port on your tv.

I don't know about the 4k, I do with a mark 3 normal one, I also think it depends on the tv's usb sockets, my Samsung and Lg sockets work.

Thanks lads I will wait now for Black Friday and hopefully get a deal on one.

my samsung tv wont power any firestick
also had to replace 4k stick 3 times under warranty

my samsung tv wont power any firestick
also had to replace 4k stick 3 times under warranty

Was it a similar problem on all three and do you recommend maybe buying an android box instead. Basically I just want to run iptv and couple of movie apks.

yip same issue what they know about goes into boot loop white screen will always replace it though
android box probably best option

If you get one for £25 on black Friday, you can't go wrong. If you are prepared to spend £50 plus I would go Android box.

Does anyone know what OS the 4k is running. I tried to install the xbox streaming app on a normal firetv stick but says the OS is too old. Hoping the 4k is newer. I know the actual FIreTV os can install it.

The old Firestick was running 5, I know the first 4k's ran android 7, I don't know if they plan to keep updating them.

The old Firestick was running 5, I know the first 4k's ran android 7, I don't know if they plan to keep updating them.

So android box would be a better option?

I don't know, do you need higher than Android 7?

depends on television my samsung wont power it

What price are Firesticks going to be a Friday ? 4k ones

Was it a similar problem on all three and do you recommend maybe buying an android box instead. Basically I just want to run iptv and couple of movie apks.
hi avid i have a normall new gen firestick and it works perfect no buffering

Back