Finally error free recording on 500C

dweeb4

Inactive User
Reaction score
After spending a long while chasing down the Holy Grail, I've finally got a completely error free recording using the DM500C box & enigma image - details below.
Here's the analysis:
File Size Processed: 1.13 GB, Play Time: 00h:37m:02s
720 x 576, 25.00 fps, 15.00 Mbps (3.99 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 19.49 KB/Frame, 0.38 Bits/Pixel.
MPEG Audio.
0 of 55570 video frames found with errors.
0 of 0 audio frames found with errors.
0 corrupted video bytes in file.
I know I will need to do a much longer recording of 1 or 2 hrs but this will have to wait until tomorrow.
So, I'm using STRMR image (STRMR_500_080206) with zapstream (new streaming module) & have TVdisplay off in the image!
Zapstream on any image only gives a couple of errors per hour which is good enough for most.
I've decided to try images that can turn off TVdisplay to eliminate the last couple of errors. Tried Gemini 4.10 but no better than images without the TVoff option.
Was told to try this early version of STRMR & by god it seems to work.
In my investigations, one factor emerged - the earlier images were better at recording/streaming on 500 than later versions of the same image. This is probably more important than TVoff option.
Conclusion: Are there more processes running concurrently on later images which take up more CPU power & leave less power available for the streaming/recording function in the 500 which is just on the edge of being capable of this?
I will do some recordings with TV ON using this image to investigate further!

ive been reading your post re-error free recordings with interest over the past few weeks.

gotta admire your staying power :)

i hope your longer tests give the same results, im sure senor ding dong (hope name is right) will be interested.

once sorted i hope u will produce an idiots guide to setting it up for us all.

Thanks hatab,
I got the bit between my teeth & I wasn't letting go.

Two things

- the zapstream module is about to be released, the developer is just working on an easier installation process.

- He tells me he will also release the source, so it should be possible to incorporate into any image.

- This is for streaming but the same coding can be applied to recording (OK I know this is a third thing but in good Monty Python tradition)

Interesting. Hopefully it will work when applied to the actual Direct Recording as well. It would probably be easier to just install a Neutrino image, though, but I do admire your perseverance with this. ;)

Senor,
I blame you for all this lol - if it hadn't been for your great recording experiment, I would probably be a happy man - after all this work & now you tell me it would be easier to use neutrino!! Jeez I was just trying to get your approval lol

Last edited:
Back