FIFA 09 Demo Release Date and info

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
The FIFA 09 demo will be available for download on September 11 worldwide on the PLAYSTATION®Network and Xbox LIVE™.

Not long to go now!

Xbox 360 and PS3 Demos will include the following:

Full exhibition match with the following 6 teams available. If the match ends in a draw, it will go directly to penalties.

1. Marseille
2. Schalke
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. AC Milan
6. Toronto FC

Both versions unveil the new Team Management feature: Custom Tactics, giving the player a chance to sample tactical options in each of the key categories (Build Up, Chance Creation, and Defence).

The Playstation 3 demo features the FIWC Stadium, while 360 features New Wembley.

the psn store gets updated at midday in the uk so will be there in a bit.

The ps3 version wont be out til tomorrow morning at the earliest according to the ps3 forums due to technical difficulties.

fifa 09 demo online now on the us store, just got it 754m in total. so if u have yank account u can get it otherwise will be midday tomorrow in the uk.

Cheers matey just got it now and also having a snoop to see what other demos are on the us psn.:Cheers:

The UK PSN store has now been updated and FIFA '09 demo is there.

Let's see if '09 is any good!

what do folk think about it?

is it any good?

i've still to download it :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It is a bit faster than the last fifa and takes a while to get use to but i quite like it now. The graphies are alot better also comes up as 1080p on my tele, but could be just upscaled. If you don't press anythink when ronaldinhois on the screen you get to see a fab intro of fifa, with some great detail.

The moverment of the players is also better. The likes of slide tackles, heading the ball, off the ball movements have all been improved. We also have lines men and Refs which i can see them pissing ppl off if they get in your way, which happened to me before lol
Im glad the goal keepers have been improved as they were poor in the last fifa, they have more of a natural movement for them. Changing the tactics about as well is a great little touch as you can now create a team around your style of play, even have your goally come up for a corner in the last moments if your looking for that goal.
Also the option to create your own custom buttons will be a big hit, as any game is alot better when you can fully control what button does what. We did have it kind of in the other fifa but not on this level.
EA made some comments about how the crowd has been improved, you can't really see much on the demo really, you have the crowd jump up and odd ppl jump up if you score with a pen. I guess you will see the full benefit in the full game.
My only downside to it tho is how the players look, They look alot like the ones from that fifa street, that cartoon look about them.

Also you would of thought the game lenght of the demo would be longer 2x2 is just pants. I'm still winning the games but half the time ur looking for stuff for how the game feels and looks.

3 weeks tho can't come fast enough, after selling fifa 08, i feel lost. I need my Fifa Fix lol

It is a bit faster than the last fifa and takes a while to get use to but i quite like it now. The graphies are alot better also comes up as 1080p on my tele, but could be just upscaled. If you don't press anythink when ronaldinhois on the screen you get to see a fab intro of fifa, with some great detail.

The moverment of the players is also better. The likes of slide tackles, heading the ball, off the ball movements have all been improved. We also have lines men and Refs which i can see them pissing ppl off if they get in your way, which happened to me before lol
Im glad the goal keepers have been improved as they were poor in the last fifa, they have more of a natural movement for them. Changing the tactics about as well is a great little touch as you can now create a team around your style of play, even have your goally come up for a corner in the last moments if your looking for that goal.
Also the option to create your own custom buttons will be a big hit, as any game is alot better when you can fully control what button does what. We did have it kind of in the other fifa but not on this level.
EA made some comments about how the crowd has been improved, you can't really see much on the demo really, you have the crowd jump up and odd ppl jump up if you score with a pen. I guess you will see the full benefit in the full game.
My only downside to it tho is how the players look, They look alot like the ones from that fifa street, that cartoon look about them.

Also you would of thought the game lenght of the demo would be longer 2x2 is just pants. I'm still winning the games but half the time ur looking for stuff for how the game feels and looks.

3 weeks tho can't come fast enough, after selling fifa 08, i feel lost. I need my Fifa Fix lol

And it's not long till you can no doubt start thrashing people again

Just played the demo which is quite good but im not sure it would warrant the asking price if you already have 08,i think i might wait and have a look at PES before making my choice.

Just played the demo which is quite good but im not sure it would warrant the asking price if you already have 08,i think i might wait and have a look at PES before making my choice.

Had a couple of games too, The sliding tackle seems much smoother and the through ball seems to be a bit more effective. I'll probably grab it early next year when it comes down to £19.99 (Thats what I got FIFA 08 for)

I can't wait to see what they have changed in PES after last years disaster?

i cant get online to the psn store? i can sign in and see whos online in my friends bit tho? just cant get to the store?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

got it now, but did have problems there took 6 attempts before it would come up

Back