Few weeks being busy with several projects serving you has been delayed my apology.

Phant0m

Inactive User
Reaction score
:Smokin:Few weeks being busy with several projects serving you has been delayed my apology.:Smokin:
Revised tm5402 patch in download centre please test it for all problems you have also appreciated if you make log report
Use this tool bellow is easy upload it to this thread only,
Download center
Please briefly itemise your problem / write satellite/TPs /channels/model numbers
I will have solution very soon

Re: Few weeks being busy with several projects serving you has been delayed my apolo

Hello Phantom, that tool was for the Twin, could you confirm that it works for the 5402 too?

Many thanks.

Re: Few weeks being busy with several projects serving you has been delayed my apolo

Hi Phantom - and thanks for your post here, much appreciated!

I trust that once the latest tests on the TM 5402HD have proved successful we'll have new patches for ALL the TM non-linux models - including the opening of C Ned on 19E with latest softcam?
Many thanks again mate!:Cheers:

Hello Phantom, that tool was for the Twin, could you confirm that it works for the 5402 too?

Many thanks.

Maybe I'm misreading situation mate - but surely Phantom is referring to the BRAND NEW TM5402HD (2/7/12) test patch, which many users have already downloaded to try out?:Doc:

I will test the blind scan ability to find correct symbol rates hopefully occasional low symbol rates will not show as 45,000 anymore ? will get back soon as tested fully.

He said to use the "log reporting toll"(sic). Click the link in his post.

TM-5402hd in download centre is the revised patch with logging report built in is not for release only for testing.
Tool i recommended can be used for Linux or none Linux receivers.
As soon as i get feedback from you fixing will start.

TM-5402hd in download centre is the revised patch with logging report built in is not for release only for testing.
Tool i recommended can be used for Linux or none Linux receivers.
As soon as i get feedback from you fixing will start.

I THINK I understand all that Phantom!
Either way we are ALL looking forward to the new 'universal' patch to bring everything back into line!
Thank you!:Cheers:

Blind scan locks up & the receiver with this new revised patch so no idea if you got the report ? gone back to 117p now.

TM5402 HD 0.24 Test

My Previous issues:

1) Motor stops when channel changed to different TP on same sat, once in transit.
v0.24 does not fix.

2) C+NL emu v0.24 NOW CLEARING C+NL OK.

3) Channel Freeze on EMU 19.2 since c+NL fix.
v0.24 does not fix FR channels. eg 19.2 11985v W9 and M6 and others now freeze every 6 seconds for 1 second.
DE channels seem fine. eg ORF, Eurosport

4) Accessing system information page crashes receiver. Must power off to recover.
v0.24 does not fix. Access to 8280, 8281 and mute/exit/blue menus works though.

So, no progress. A joke update from a joke company. Comical really.

Please do not conceder this patch as an update
it is a patch which will create log report of your problems when you used the tool,.
if a function is not working or channel is not opening use the tools to create log or just write your comments

The tool requires a windows PC, and a serial port, neither of which I have at home. I know it's not completely dead yet, but where I live, we moved on from RS232 some time ago. I could possibly save the log output on to floppies and post them to you? Or maybe I could telex you my output?

Even if I did have the necessary hardware at home, I'd be very reluctant to plug it in to my receiver and let it collect logs of my "8281's" and send them to some random bloke off the internet, who can't even see 19.2E to test if his own code works.

I'll post my findings on the download center. Minus the sarcasm.

Loving your work.

Any channel /tp you can not log i can do whatever your findings are please write here
any helep from you can help me

see download center feedback, just posted.

Last edited:

Phant0m, is there any chance that we can see your TM 5402 changelogs, from 1.12 to 0.24
There are things that used to work, and now don't, and also things that have stayed broken that you say were fixed. I'd really like to see the changes please. Can you?

Hi PhantOm et al,

TM5402 HD 0.24 Test

I concur with chopps' test report findings... but I would also like to add the following observations...

The 'Blind Search' scanner is still not working properly.

The proposed/recommended additional 'Symbol Rate' search parameters in the 'Blind Search' menu have still not been added.

NB
The need for additional 'Symbol Rate' search parameters in the 'Blind Search' menu is...

Whenever a 'Blind Search' scan is carried out on a satellite... and that satellite is very close to another very powerful neighbouring satellite either to it's immediate East or it's immediate West (and with a proximity of between 1° and 3°) the 'Blind Search' scanner will then find TP's from one or both neighbouring satellites as well as the satellite you are trying to scan... this can be very annoying.

The 'Blind Search' scanner is still attributing 45000 symbol rates to certain TP's with very low symbol rates.

The 'Blind Search' scanner is still not finding certain TP's (on various satellites) even when using the 1MHz 'Step' scan.

The 'Blind Search' scanner is still not finding certain TP's (on various satellites) even though the TP's in question show medium/high/very high Signal Strength/Signal Quality readings when the frequencies are entered manually.

The Signal Quality bar (in the Motorized Setting/Advanced Search menu) still only shows proper readings on 'locked' TP signals... all other 'non-locked' TP signals still show up as between 5% - 9% (red bars obviously).

NB
The need for a (non-restricted) naturally fluctuating Signal Quality bar in the Motorized Setting/Advanced Search menu is...

Whenever you search for very weak (fringe reception) satellites... the only way you can locate these (fringe reception) satellites is by using the TP's that are in use on that particular satellite (frequencies manually entered) and then tweak the dish to gain the highest possible Signal Quality reading (red bars obviously)... all patches from 1.20p onwards restrict this... thus making it virtually impossible to find any very weak (fringe reception) satellites (especially those with 'non-locked' TP signals).

Thank you once again for your continued support of the TM receivers... it is much appreciated mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Well said Zorch, at last we are getting somewhere with Phantom now he's opted for a 'flagship' receiver upon which to carry out tests!
We therefore await many more constructive feedbacks like yours (Zorch), all in an effort to give us ALL a much better organised 'universal' patch - once all the feedback from this TM5402HD test patch is received - maybe even hopefully to include the opening of C Ned 19E as PERPETUALLY requested! lol!!!
Please keep up the good work Phantom - keep the kettle boiling mate!:Cheers:

Thanks for all the comments all noted,
I would like to close these enquiries by 12 midnight 03-07-12
please Write all your comments expact a new patch by wed/ Thursday for final test
after that there will be patch for all models,

Last edited:

Hi again PhantOm,

I have one other request mate... I nearly forgot to mention this...

I would really love to see the 'Sat Finder' feature (aka Spectrum Analyzer) added into the new TM 5402 HD software patch... would this be possible...?

This feature can be found in the TM 6800/6900 HD Super+ models (O/S and patches) and I found it to be extremely useful... and I believe it would further enhance the TM 5402 HD

Best Wishes,
Zorch

:Smokin:Few weeks being busy with several projects serving you has been delayed my apology.:Smokin:
Revised tm5402 patch in download centre please test it for all problems you have also appreciated if you make log report
Use this tool bellow is easy upload it to this thread only,
Download center
Please briefly itemise your problem / write satellite/TPs /channels/model numbers
I will have solution very soon

Hi many thanks for input.

As an owner of a TM 6900 super combo. Would like patch containing all relevant previous updates. So called Universal Patch. This problem has been well documented.

Many thanks again for your continued support.

Back