Hardware Female 4 pin to a 8 Male pin Extension

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, has anyone got any links to this been looking all over for one from the UK. I have a 700w psu with a 4 pin atx 12v adapter and its short so im looking at getting something that can connect to the 4pin atx to a 7 pin male extension 12v atx with about 8-12inch reach so that it will reach over the cpu fan.

Thanks
Nick

something like this

4 Male Pin P4 to 8 Female Pin EPS/ATX 12v Adapter Cable | eBay

its just not long enough thats all.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Have you tried fords of Hal in the audio section. They do lots of things like that for car audio equipment perhaps they could fix you up or even Lins of Map.

If you've only got a 4 pin connector on the PSU, I think you'll be better off with this: EPS Adapter - LP4 and P4 PSU to EPS motherboard power adapter | StarTech.com United Kingdom

If you went for the case off your other thread have you considered these routes for the cable?
cable route 1.pngcable route 2.png
(Dotted line in the first indicates where the cable is behind the motherboard tray.)

Otherwise can you post a couple of pics of around the CPU, to see if there is an alternative route than "over the CPU fan"?

how hard would it be to splice in an extension ? If you are crap at soldering you can either use crimp connectors or terminal block which you can pick up at 99p store.

Not recommended and I would guess if his psu only has 4 pin being 700w it's not a very good one.

Akasa AK-CBPW10-15BK 4 Pin to 8 Pin ATX Power Supply Adapter Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
You do realise that this effectively does the same thing as splicing in the extra 4 pins?
Not sure what your issue with splicing in an extension, I've done it several time and the cable you link to is only 1/2 the length OP needs.
If the PSU is new; an alternative would be to grab a 30cm EPS extension and do the modification on that, e.g. convert the 2x female 4 pin to a single female 4 pin.

These EPS leads are less than £6 delivered on Amazon Marketplace (might be even cheaper off the bay): Silverstone SST-PP07-EPS8W - 8-pin EPS on 4+4-pin 30cm ATX/EPS Extension - White: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Poor quality power supply splicing the cable has an effect and if the mboard needs 6-8 it needs more juice which a quality power supply at 700w should already have that connector.

Also you do not ever need to cut cables for psu you remove the block on the end using a tool.

but what do i know only been working on electronics/computers for 25yrs.

Back