Fecking 24hr tesco

uproar

Inactive User
Reaction score
24hr tesco but its not even open 5pm on a sunday. you'd think that people would more likely need to shop then than about 2am on a tuesday morning.

uproar said:
why arent they?

I dont know why, but this is what the Law says on opening hours on sunday + christmas day.

What is the law on shop opening hours on a Sunday?
The Sunday Trading Act 1994 limits shop opening hours to:

* Small shops (under 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft) - no restrictions on opening times
* Large shops (over 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft) - Monday to Saturday - no restrictions. Sunday – opening allowed for six consecutive hours only, between 10am and 6pm. Easter Sunday - closed.

The Christmas Day (Trading) Act 2004 stops large shops (over 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft) from opening on Christmas Day.

thats size-ist and infringes on tescos area-al rights, im surprised somebody who doesnt celebrate christmas or easter hasnt put a stop to this nonsense yet

lmfao

The law was originally instated by religeous zealots who decided they knew best for everybody.

However, in these ecumenical times, in a world of alternative days for a sabbath, when tolerance is the name of the game, be grateful anything is open on a Sunday.

It awsn't too many years ago when your choice on a Sunday was the papershop or the pub.

Floydian said:
The law was originally instated by religeous zealots who decided they knew best for everybody.

However, in these ecumenical times, in a world of alternative days for a sabbath, when tolerance is the name of the game, be grateful anything is open on a Sunday.

It awsn't too many years ago when your choice on a Sunday was the papershop or the pub.

so they want everyone to goto church on 'the day of rest'. oh i see.

...................id rather watch paint dry.

uproar said:
24hr tesco but its not even open 5pm on a sunday. you'd think that people would more likely need to shop then than about 2am on a tuesday morning.
Hi m8, I agree, also what really gets my goat is the new serve yourself checkouts ,it's not that they can't get the staff (with 50% unemployment in my location ) and they fail often,am i allowed to say crap? if not forgive me.Regards to all z42.

id rether go to the pub lol, and practice my religion of

living filtration

hehe

Its amazing really because I remember when the papershop wasnt even open on Sunday... There was nothing to do at all on Sunday couldnt go shopping and theres nothing on TV at least now some things are open even if its just for a short while... It is a bit of a dumb law though

It doesnt matter whether they are allowed by law to open or not. The fact is the bastards arent open 24 hours so they shouldnt be allowed to call themselves 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It doesnt matter whether they are allowed by law to open or not. The fact is the bastards arent open 24 hours so they shouldnt be allowed to call themselves 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

...yes I've always thought this too, how do they get away with it!. The only thing I can think is that they are open every single possible hour that the law allows them to be so maybe that's how they get around it, although quite how that translates to "24 hours" is open to debate!

I guess their view is "we would be open 24 hours if the government would allow us"

Personally I think it is time for the Sunday trading restriction laws to go.

Count yourself lucky, some ASDA's aren't/weren't 24 hours untill recently. The one near my folk's wasn't open when I needed something, so frustrating when here I have 3x 24hr supermarkets almost on my doorstep and am used to having the option to buy stuff at 2am on a tuesday ;)

.Personally I think it is time for the Sunday trading restriction laws to go.

Totally agree mate.

Also, I hate that I cant find a barber shop open on a Sunday :Chainsaw:

The Asda local to work got their 24 hour licence revoked because of noise pollution (customers banging trollies around the car park, lol!!!). The Asda near where I live isn't allowed a 24 hour licence either, because its surrounded by houses.

Its Tesco or nothing if I need anything after 10pm Monday to Friday...

i think the restrictions are put in place so the phat cats like tesco and asda can't drive all the ;local small shop out of business. If these stores were open 24hours a day 7 days a week all the small shops will be out of busniness, so the law is in place to stop this.

people decide what shops stay open, not big supermarkets opening 24 hours.

let me give youan example of just how stupid the general public is.

i live at the top of a welsh valley, the village is totally self supporting, some people havent travelled more than 2 miles in the last 45 years, they dont need to, everything they could need is here. 3 years ago tesco put in a application for a 'metro store' asmall store with long opening hours for peoples everyday crap, everybody went nuts, tescos will force every other shop to close, itll be hell, etc all the usual small minded panicing crap. 6 months after the application was rejected the local garage closed, sold his land, the nearest fuel was 10 miles away in a tesco superstore. suddenly tescos have bought the land after 6 months of everyone moaning theres no fuel for miles and theyre going to open a garage on the land, everybody loves tescos for bringing a garage back to the village, along with a metrostore thats open from 06:00 till 00:00

all the local shops are still trading and everyones happy

fukwits the lot of em lmao

Not tried these 24 hour stores at abnormal hours yet. Might set the alarm for 2am ish on Tuesday, get up and go try it-hang on, I`ll still be up then prolly-sorted!

What is it about Tuesdays??? I always wanted to be buried on a Tuesday (prefarably after I die). It used to be double stamps at the coop on a Tuesday :Cheers:

Reider

its when the freks are out

I used to work in a night club and would go shopping at crazy hours.

I swear I've never seen so many pericings on so little people. The folk that are worried about getting stared at during the day do their shopping in the small hours midweek.

perhaps they should be called 150.5 hr tescos because thats how many hours they are open. I think they should all be shut on a Sunday so that we can all spend time with our kids... WHAT AM I SAYING.... They are pretty flippin special @ chrimbo though when you can avoid all the coffin dodgers doing their xmas shopping. 3am and the aisle is mine!!!

Back