Faulty 5402HD box ?

Montymojo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help please, I have a technomate 5402HD box and for some reason after a few days of not having it on it will turn it self off completely. I ether have just one line on the display or nothing at all, I have to switch it off at the back and then its fine for a couple of days and then faults out again.
I have software 1.27 ( 2012 ) no patches ( havent got a clue about all that ).
Totally new to all this so any help is more than appreciated

Thanks

Monty

Hi Montymojo,

Can anyone help please, I have a technomate 5402HD box and for some reason after a few days of not having it on it will turn it self off completely. I ether have just one line on the display or nothing at all, I have to switch it off at the back and then its fine for a couple of days and then faults out again

It could be the Power Saving Feature/Fan Control that is causing this...

Press Menu
System Settings
Front Display Settings
Standby Mode
Select: Show Clock
Fan Control
Select: OFF
Press Exit
Settings were changed. Do you want to save?
Select YES
Exit Menu

See if that solves the problem mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi,
Can anyone help please, I have a technomate 5402HD box and for some reason after a few days of not having it on it will turn it self off completely. I ether have just one line on the display or nothing at all, I have to switch it off at the back and then its fine for a couple of days and then faults out again.
I have software 1.27 ( 2012 ) no patches ( havent got a clue about all that ).
Totally new to all this so any help is more than appreciated

Thanks

Monty

Try the following
Back up your channel list on usb drive
Factory reset
Download and reinstall latest original firmware( you can download from Technomate website)
Reinstall your channel list.

If problem persists contact Technomate or whoever you bought receiver from if it is less than 12 months old.

Try the following
Back up your channel list on usb drive
Factory reset
Download and reinstall latest original firmware( you can download from Technomate website)
Reinstall your channel list.

If problem persists contact Technomate or whoever you bought receiver from if it is less than 12 months old.

Tried this option but to no luck, plus i didn't know how to back my tv channels up so i am now in the process of trying to reinstall them.
Feel like sometimes throwing this box at the wall.
By what i read on forums there is so much i can do with this box but i have trouble with the basics, i cant even connect it to the internet , I dare not even look how to record tv programs to a usb harddrive ( if thats possible , which i think it is by my understanding.)
Im normally quite good with electronics but this is a different league for me.

Thanks for your help anyway, I will try Zorch's method and see how i go
Many more post to come i think.

Cheers

Monty

Tried this option but to no luck, plus i didn't know how to back my tv channels up so i am now in the process of trying to reinstall them.
Feel like sometimes throwing this box at the wall.
By what i read on forums there is so much i can do with this box but i have trouble with the basics, i cant even connect it to the internet , I dare not even look how to record tv programs to a usb harddrive ( if thats possible , which i think it is by my understanding.)
Im normally quite good with electronics but this is a different league for me.

Thanks for your help anyway, I will try Zorch's method and see how i go
Many more post to come i think.

Cheers

Monty

Hi Monty,
For future reference,this is how you back up channel list after you have inserted USB drive on rear of receiver.
On remote press
usb button or Menu
data transfer
then red button to upload ndf file to usb drive

Hi Monty,
For future reference,this is how you back up channel list after you have inserted USB drive on rear of receiver.
On remote press
usb button or Menu
data transfer
then red button to upload ndf file to usb drive

Can i also record to the usb ? if so how and can you set the epg to record at a certain time ?

Can i also record to the usb ? if so how and can you set the epg to record at a certain time ?

Yes, you can record to usb.
It's all clearly shown with screenshots on manual that came with receiver and very easy to apply!

Back