FAO Digi or Pinky..... will this affect the share?

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
This was posted on Dk, but the thread is 160 pages long and I haven't time to read it all lol.

Will this affect the share?

Attachments

• Changes to the way we pair viewing cards to Sky+HD Boxes.jpg
    Changes to the way we pair viewing cards to Sky+HD Boxes.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 5
ive known about the existence of this pdf for about 7 months m8 ;) and for even longer, ive said that the first things to go down, will be HD channels on CS systems

potentially, it can wipe out the HD and 3D channels, all of the things gearing towards this started over a year ago, when they started to shift HD channels onto grouped transponders, so there was ONLY HD content on single TPs, they then updated the viewing cards OS, and more recently have started updating the receiver OS. the card pairing in the receivers is not 101% reliant on the extra end digit in the serial number, which isnt always a decimal figure, but without that, the card pairing WILL fail, every time, however, this end digit IS NOT needed to manually generate the receivers boxkey

there will still be a while left, for reasons that i know but cannot disclose, but, the first things to go WILL be the HD content, its not a question of IF it happens, but WHEN it happens

Ok cheers Craig.

So ate we talking weeks, months or years till they start going off?

So guess when they do go off then c/s will be effectively dead, and the only way to receive hd sly channels will be to line that greedy murdering murdochs pockets and get sly in legit?

Sent from my iPhone using fingers and thumbs!

the only people who know any form of time scale is those at the top of the NDS security chain. when it happens, there will probably be a new wave of receivers soon after, just like when cable went off, and the kryptview and starview receivers came around, but these would probably be expensive, and still not guaranteed

this has been 'coming' for around a year, and tbh i expected it around mid october, as it would then give people and sly enough time to subscribe and get installed for xmas, but now, in the back of my mind, april 6th seems to be a nice date, as its the start of the next 'tax' year, and a new surge in subscribers would please shareholders

just typed out a nice long post on DK, clicked 'reply' and 'sorry this thread is closed' lol

feel free to copy paste my replies above, just say i said them on DW :)

Back