Fan replacement

Eiji

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is this the correct replacement fan for the DM800SE?

Dreambox DM800HD Replacement Cooler Fan Brushless | eBay

I believe the fan size is 60mm x 60mm x 20mm.

I just got a new box and the fan is making noise and I'd rather replace it than keep having to oil it up. It's also spinning at a high speed, even with fan control.

Last edited:
That fan is for a DM800HD not an SE, the SE fans are larger nor sure of the dimensions.

Opened up my 800SE clone and the fan size is 60mm x 60mm x 12mm (or 10mm).

The fan is too loud, even after applying oil to it. It's louder than an Xbox 1 console for example. Even with fan control it's loud, it's nowhere near silent.

Really need a fan replacement as I have a HDD installed in my box so using it without a fan is out of the question.

if it's a new box complain to the seller and tell them to send you a replacment fan. The 800SE fans are normally quite good lid mounted slower rev ones never heard of a failed or noisy one yet. The 800HD clone fans were notriously poor.

It's a new box from m*x*sh*p. I sent them an email. Lets see what they say. BTW is it normal for a new clone box like the 800SE to have some light scratches on the front glossy panel? I'm wondering whether I've been sent a used unit or this is how clones are. One of the rear black screws was also screwed in at an angle.

nope, front shouldnt be scratched, theres normally protective sticky back plastic over the folssy front panel to prevent scratching, rear screws are noemally straight as well..

i had a few clone dm800se and the fans been perfect shouldnt have issues like the dm800pro did with the little fans, open it up and see if any wires are catching the fan , the fans pn the se model are very good with my experience

it sounds as if you have been sent a used one m8.

Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion too and M*xe*h*p are not responding to my emails and I've just read other posts on the forum of people being sent used units from this seller :(

Can someone PM me a reputable seller from aliexpress or something? I still have more DM800SE boxes (dreambox branded logo, single tuner, wifi, d6 ver.) to buy for friends and family but will try one from another seller first.

PS: Just noticed the fan on mine is also installed upside down. The sticker is facing down. FFS...

Last edited:
BTW, is it safe to run an 800SE with no HDD installed without a fan?

I have just opened one up, the fan is 60*60*15 mm and uses a 4 pin power connector. You undo the screw at the back and then the metal plate comes off. You can then unscrew the fan from the metal.

Attachments

• IMG_20121026_141403.jpg
    IMG_20121026_141403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20121026_141233.jpg
    IMG_20121026_141233.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 10
So how could I hook up a 3 pin replacement fan? Chop the existing 4 pin connector and wire it up to the new fan and leave the extra blue wire disconnected and the fan will still work as PWM?

Back