Sensible Topic Facebook users need to check this. They're spying again.

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those of us who use FB are probably doing so a lot more just now due to confinement boredom. A friend posted this, when I checked it was right enough, FB listed several apps I had recently installed on my phone.
I seldom see ads, I run various ad blockers and an extention called FBPurity (which really cleans up FB), but I was nonetheless annoyed by the intrusion.

Kasey Elyssa Thatcher

Attachments

• fba1.jpg
    fba1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 39
  • fba2.jpg
    fba2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 40
  • fba3.jpg
    fba3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 40
  • fba4.jpg
    fba4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 40
  • fba5.jpg
    fba5.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
trevor do you think they ever stopped or even took a break? isnt that how they make money by selling information about the users? i thought it was anyway. i dont have a facebooks or know anything about those blockers or whatever you mentioned but you just gonna have to tolerate that shit if you want to use facebooks. am sure most users would be aware of that when they sign up

ok i see it now, was wondering wtf are those pictures supposed to mean i didnt realise that blue writing was a websight to check lol. i think you are better off just accepting that you have no privacy on facebooks. i read before that just having the app loaded on the phone they can get some shit on u if you have a facebooks or not. am really paranoid about the net so i believe that lol

Last edited:
now i think about that. if they were able to collect information about a person who just has the app installed, how could that information about what the owner of the phone does on it be useful to them without knowing who the owner of the phone is. that sounds like shite to me but i read it for real dunno where though but yeaah the no privacy thing again lol

trevor do you think they ever stopped or even took a break? isnt that how they make money by selling information about the users? i thought it was anyway. i dont have a facebooks or know anything about those blockers or whatever you mentioned but you just gonna have to tolerate that shit if you want to use facebooks. am sure most users would be aware of that when they sign up

ok i see it now, was wondering wtf are those pictures supposed to mean i didnt realise that blue writing was a websight to check lol. i think you are better off just accepting that you have no privacy on facebooks. i read before that just having the app loaded on the phone they can get some shit on u if you have a facebooks or not. am really paranoid about the net so i believe that lol

Yes, we all know that they use our info & sell it on, and you accept this when you tick the "I agree" box.
What irks me is that they quietly change the rules, and do so without making it abundantly clear, constantly pushing the boundaries.

I no longer use it and I think there is a lot of content that should be removed but they just let it slide and as mentioned they are always altering your privacy settings when they implement an update.
I sometimes noticed my daughter grimace and I’ll ask her what’s wrong and she’ll reply I’ve just seen something on Facebook that I wish I hadn’t.

Yes, we all know that they use our info & sell it on, and you accept this when you tick the "I agree" box.
What irks me is that they quietly change the rules, and do so without making it abundantly clear, constantly pushing the boundaries.

i agree with you trevor. them changing the setting at all is well out of order. when i typed the first part it waas after looking at the pictures. i was looking at them for a lot longer than i would admit trying to work out what the big deal was. i dont know how i didnt know that blue writing ment it was a link, specially after using the site as long aass i have so far lol. i cant remember ever knowing about that before last night.

by changing those settings you made it clear what info u allow and dont allow them to collect, it should be illegal to change it back without your permission or at least notifying you of the changes or why bother giving the option to make those changes at all?

personally, that would be enough for me, id delete the whole lot if it was me but i understand people find plenty of poontang on there so it has some good points for those people i reckon. that must be why people stick around. a pack of hornballs on there lol

Last edited:
For most if using internet then big brother knows all you do live with it

am well paranoid about the net, from all the years i used it i typed my real name in 2 sites, bank and credit card. not even any member of my own family could find any true info about me in the internet lol. none i have put there myself or know of anyway. but am sure if the authorities wanted they could find who i am and what i have done, at least where the computer is located and what the person operating it has been doing..

Last edited:
Back