Fabregas: It’s A Three-Horse Race

xXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Fabregas: It’s A Three-Horse Race

Quote:
Arsenal dynamo Cesc Fabregas has confirmed what everybody is thinking by refusing to rule Chelsea out of the title race and declaring “It’s a three-horse race.”

Current champions Manchester United currently sit at the top of the table on goal difference from the Gunners with Chelsea four points adrift in third place.

The Spanish international believes that all three teams have realistic title ambitions. "Who are our main rivals? Both of them, both of them," Fabregas insisted.

"I wouldn't just say Man United. Chelsea I can tell you are in a good position because nobody speaks about them but they are playing and winning.

"We will see what happens but I'm sure they will be up there up until the end.

"You can see Chelsea are playing maybe not as well as they used to do. They still win 1-0, 2-1 - that makes the difference at the end of the season.

"Man United are a very strong side. We know they will not lose so we have to be stay strong until the end.”

Fabregas has been in inspired form this season driving the Gunners on from midfield and believes Arsene Wenger’s side can still pip United and Chelsea to the title.

"We have to wait and see but at the moment it is looking good” he explained.

“There is a good combination of experienced players and young players. Everybody is happy, everybody is working hard and we are consistent. It is very important for a top team like Arsenal that we keep going.

"When we were doing the warm down after the Newcastle game the other day I looked around and everyone was 19, 20, 21 and 22. Apart from William [Gallas] and [Manuel] Almunia everybody was young."

Back