F1 Japan crash

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Footage emerges of Jules Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix crash that left Formula One star requiring surgery for a severe head injury
Formula One star Jules Bianchi left in a 'critical but stable condition' following Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix crash
Marussia driver Bianchi required surgery following crash on lap 43 of the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka
The Frenchman spun off in wet conditions and hit a recovery vehicle preparing to tow away Adrian Sutil's Sauber
CT scan shows he suffered severe head injury and Bianchi had surgery at Mie University Hospital
Marussia have issued a statement asking for 'patience and understanding with regard to further medical updates'
Brain surgeon who advised Michael Schumacher's treatment has flown out to Japan to join the team caring for Bianchi
Bianchi's girlfriend Camille Marchetti sent out a tweet on Sunday praying for his recovery
Bianchi failed to respond when his team made contact over the radio following the crash in latter stages of the race
The race was red-flagged, meaning Lewis Hamilton claimed his third straight win to go 10 points clear in championship

Read more: Footage emerges of Jules Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix crash that left F1 star with a severe head injury | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

one hell of a crash :(

Footage emerges of Jules Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix crash that left F1 star with a severe head injury | Daily Mail Online

Very nasty crash indeed. Hope jules is going to be ok.

It was a freak accident. Although there are a couple of things I think could be changed in the future.

The support vehicles should NOT have overhangs at head hight and should be crash tested. This should have probably been thought about before hand.

In wet and especially extreme wet conditions the ride hight should have a min height to stop aquaplaning.

Good luck jules

Last edited:
Simple the race should have been stopped or safety car deployed as soon as the tractor was put on the live racing track at that bend in they conditions Hope the Guy makes a full recovery :(

Real scary nasty crash, as soon as they said he hit a truck i knew it would have been bad, he sit's low in the car and i think thats what has saved his life...if it will be a life after the injuries.

i think they should use detour roads in different sections if there is a car to be recovered, making the lap longer and having a delta to stick to, that would prevent the need for a saftey car in a lot of cases, the detours would have to be intergreated somehow tho, ok for a new track but not so easy for others...Monaco should be an easy 1.

Hope he pulls threw but seeing the video i can't help but think he's lucky to be alive let alone able to make a recovery :(

Back