External Hard Drive for Blade 7000s

cupidistra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya All

I came across an old external IDE drive circa 80 gig whic I had left when I upgraded my PC. I decided to use it for mmy 7000s. As per instructions, I formatted it via my PC and finally via the 7000s. The Blade recognised the drive attached via the USB connection but when I checked the drive through the Blade menu, it told me it was too slow. I tried to record but it failed.
Is there anything I can do? If not, what type of drive would I need to be able to record?

im not to sure if there is anything you can do with your old hard drive tbh...

i just use my old 2.5 seagate 120gig hd out of my laptop, i put it into a usb caddy (non powered) and it works perfectly....

i would try another caddy first as my guess is its not the hard drive but the caddy

Hiya Ratts

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The drive is in a caddy but I'm not at home just now and I can't remember if it has its own power.

I did an ET and phoned home. The caddy has its own power source. I don't know if this makes a difference.

any 3.5 hard drive caddy needs its own power as these are 12v powered drives and usb can only give out 5v

Thank you once again Turner Brown.
Will the 5v output from the box have a detrimental effect on the capture of the video stream on the HDD?

Back