Exotic fruit growing in my garden in October

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
I sowed these seeds earlier this year and totally neglected the plant all summer as the garden got trashed by the builders. To my pleasant surprise earlier today I found that the flowers had blossomed and passion fruit was growing.

My cherry tree which sits in my front garden in the shade all day has never given me cherries but it also blossomed and finally gave me cherries.

Next year walnuts or if global warming kicks in, mangoes. :banana:

I was at my m8s last week and he has a passion fruit plant and I was just commenting to him that there was no fruit this year. Doesn't even look like there are going to be any either, usually there are loads like the ones you posted.

That's amazing!

Mangoes would be good - my wife loves them.

Yep, due to climate change the seasons are shifting and getting longer.
Mother nature does not know whats going on anymore.
With regards to fruit trees, it helps if you have more than one (so You get the cross pollenation needed to produce fruit).
It may be that one of your neighbours has within a large radious has another of the same type of tree.
Also some trees need to mature before they produce fruit.
Nice pics mate.

Well done global warming!

When we get fullscale wine and brandy production back up and running mozr will be a happy chicken.

Just got back from the local nursery and they can get walnut seeds but they will cost £65/packet. Mango's can be grown but if the temperature drops below 12 degree's it could harm the tree according to them so it's time for some more research before I commit to next season.

I just need to weigh up the pro's and con's of global warming, on one hand thousands all over the world will be displaced due to flooding but OTOH I'll have mangoes growing in my back garden. It's a tough one.

If anyone wants to swap home made alcohol for some fruit please get in touch.

Thats why they are called mangoes.

If you can grow them in England, it means that some 'man' is going to have to 'go'.

Don't worry. I have punched myself in the face for such a shit post, so you don't have to.

Soon be able to make your own 'Umbongo'. :) :)

If you can grow them in England, it means that some 'man' is going to have to 'go'.

Don't worry. I have punched myself in the face for such a shit post, so you don't have to.

I quite liked it! :)

But then again I'm the guy who sometimes says: both my legs are shorter than the other - and thinks it's funny. (My wife and daughter tell me it's not).

Dont beat yourself up man youv're had a go

I tried to grow lemons once but it was a pith take.....

Back