exercise bike help

moggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all, So I've had this exercise bike for months now, only thing is its a German manufactured bike and the manual doesn't give any instructions regarding the LCD settings.

I've inputted all the other settings i.e time, KM, kilojoules, but what the heck do I put in for the Pulse Rate? (It has a Pulse sensor that clips to your ear).

My maximum pulse rate for my age is 182
My pulse rate reserve is 119
My lower limit is 134
My upper limit is 158
My Target pulse rate is 146

So which one do you input into the LCD settings? and which one do i pedal my arse off to reach :)

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Would you put in anything for pulse rate, I thought that is what the sensor is for ?

The ones I use, you put in your age, weight and gender and it gives you the target rates. I normally aim for around 80% of my max rate. I think 40% to 60% is 'fat' burn, 60% to 80% is cardio.

thanks for replying oneman, mines not that sophisticated where it calculates it for you, it just tells you when your pulse is high or low depending on the setting you put in before you pedal.

stop eating so many calories ....i lost over 2 stone in 3 weeks with the eating plan i got....no killling yourself on tredmills like a hamster....try my diet if it dont take at least half a stone a week i will give you £100 pounds cash !

Back