ex5000 flashing

dabs

Inactive User
Reaction score
high all have been given a eurovox5000 pvr, and looking to flash the box
the box came from derby and I'm in cardiff
I flashed the box with the software from chatterbox the file I used was UFL_EX5000PVR_25-02-09DarX
the way I did it was connecting box via null cable, power box in stand by double click UFL exe to open/run then clicked on download and it ran the program of downloading then uploading and said complete
I then connected the box and put in the area code 5401 and latest keys
then did a scan for channels after a while the scan finished and the following was on the box
only 35 channels showing but on the screen was displayed an information box with 'no channels' displayed in it
freq for channels after scan range from 178.000 to 746.000
symbol rate 6.952 Mbaud for all
modulator for 1st channel in list is QAM 16 and for the rest is QAM64
other info
model DVB-XC EX 5000 TDA
S/W VER 1.OST4 FEB 24 2009
H/W VER 2.0t K5 +D
BOOTSTRAP V001
S/W Build Kuro

if anyone can help me with the following
did I flash it correctly if not what was wrong or what else do I need to do ?
is that the latest firmware/software ?
can the box be moved from one area of the country to an other?
tried searching for tut and files be kept going round in circles so if doing it all wrong can someone point me in the right direction, not sure where 'downloads' is or what files are needed
do I need to uninstall/reformat the box ?
cheers for any help

high all have been given a eurovox5000 pvr, and looking to flash the box
the box came from derby and I'm in cardiff
I flashed the box with the software from chatterbox the file I used was UFL_EX5000PVR_25-02-09DarX
the way I did it was connecting box via null cable, power box in stand by double click UFL exe to open/run then clicked on download and it ran the program of downloading then uploading and said complete
I then connected the box and put in the area code 5401 and latest keys
then did a scan for channels after a while the scan finished and the following was on the box
only 35 channels showing but on the screen was displayed an information box with 'no channels' displayed in it
freq for channels after scan range from 178.000 to 746.000
symbol rate 6.952 Mbaud for all
modulator for 1st channel in list is QAM 16 and for the rest is QAM64
other info
model DVB-XC EX 5000 TDA
S/W VER 1.OST4 FEB 24 2009
H/W VER 2.0t K5 +D
BOOTSTRAP V001
S/W Build Kuro

if anyone can help me with the following
did I flash it correctly if not what was wrong or what else do I need to do ?
is that the latest firmware/software ?
can the box be moved from one area of the country to an other?
tried searching for tut and files be kept going round in circles so if doing it all wrong can someone point me in the right direction, not sure where 'downloads' is or what files are needed
do I need to uninstall/reformat the box ?
cheers for any help

make sure the eurovox ex5000 pvr is not a clone box mate as the feb F/W kills clones boxes off it happened to me

cheers for the replys guys

p3pcy---- how do I do a factory reset?

thebigyin----- how do I tell that?
thought it went easy lol should have known better grrrrrr

ok found the problem-- god been sooo long since I've done a box and first time for one of these found that the symbol rate was wrong DOH
have put in correct one and chanels there now, silly me
the only thing is when I pressed -- menu then yellow the nagra edit boxes came up there were NO keys there at all all was blank
is that normal ?
do I need to put them in?
if they roll will I need to put them in then?
or will I need to re flash the box?
cheers for any answers/help

if the keys roll mate your F/W should get back the channels you should be ok the now until all the boxes goes down again then you will need to put a new f/w in when it comes available but hopefully that will be a while

does that mean that there is no need to put in the keys and provider code in the boxes
will it make any differance if I do or don't

Once you have installed the latest F/W then there is no need to enter keys cos it will update itself,until there is a encryption software change...

cheers for the replys n help :Cheers: :Cheers: :Clap:

Back