Ex-Pogues singer MacGowan assaulted in pub

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Former Pogues singer Shane MacGowan has suffered facial injuries from an assault by two men in a central London pub, police sources say.
1442888508.jpg

MacGowan, 46, was taken to the nearby St Thomas' Hospital, but did not stay for treatment.

The Evening Standard reported that MacGowan suffered a fractured cheekbone after being kicked, punched and hit with a metal bar.

Police said they were not aware of any motive for the attack, which happened on Monday.

Two men, aged 20 and 21, were arrested and later released on police bail.

The wild-living Anglo-Irish singer left the Pogues in 1991. He has performed since with his own backing band, the Popes.

I seen this character last week in Glasgow staggering out of the Central Hotel in Central Station.
This wasn't at night it was at 9.30am and you should have seen the state of him the way he was dressed.
I've seen a down and out dressed better.

Jim :)

Looks like thats where he ended up m8 lol down and out (cold).

He might benefit from this :Hit: with no plastic surgery bills to pay :Hit:

This man is a legend the people that commited this crime should be severly punished :mad:

ruddy hell, my cousin knows this guy from school....he said he was a right trouble maker when he was a youngster aswell.......my cousin (John) said the Pogues music was great in the early years but got too racial in years to date........dont ask me why, im not a fan......

call me nieve, but what did this guy do to create bad publisity?....im not a big music fan ..........

He openely admits his support for The IRA and let's everyone know he makes regular donations to the Struggle as he calls it.

Jim :)

ahhh, so thats why he is unpopular,.....im not really into all this political stuff.....all i want to do is live a good life and prosper....

I didnt know that either GJ,

he's one ugly lookin fecker!!!

Back