Eurovox 500pvr advice and opinions

Spudchops

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one of these, Have a dbox2 already but want the pvr function.

Do these start recording as soon as you tunr them on?? Father in law has a humax freeview pvr which records as soon as it is on, will record each program til it finishes then starts a fresh. Or do you have to tell it to record and or will it only start recording when you press the pause button.

Also how easy are these to update and any other opinions on these before I take the plunge

Thanks

Nath

A friend recently bought 1 of these as at the time it was only £5 dearer than eurovoxmax @£105,it needed flashing b4 it would recieve any channels,no different to eurovoxmax to update ,while it was here i stuck an old 20gig drive in out of curiosity and it worked fine ,pretty instant response when recording and no it doesnt record as soon as powered on u have to press record or use timer,also pausing and replaying seemed fine ,at least as good as my liteon 5025 which is the only comparison I have .The only downside was that it formatted the drive and windows doesnt recognise the file system so any recordings cant be edited................................Hope this helps

In answer to your questions :
No they don't record when you switch them on....either use timer to record or press the pause button to "pause live tv" - This may take upto 30 seconds to start
They don't have dual tuners so you can only record what you're watching - Although if you know what channels are on what transponders you can watch a channel on the same transponder.
Updating them is really easy - with a null modem cable and many people on here will help out

Back