euro 2020/2021 final on a sunday

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the euro 2020/2021 final on a sunday. 11th of July to be exact

Wtf like why not a Saturday. The pubs are opening that week Ireland for inside drinking and I was looking forward to watching the match with a few cold ones. Now I'll have to take the Monday.

Last seven finals have been played on a Sunday. The last time the the Euro’s final was played on a Saturday was 25th June 1988 when the Dutch beat the Soviet Union 2 nil….

Is there some logic behind it for it to be on a Sunday. I would assume they would get less viewers on a sunday than a saturday. So logically that would mean less advertising income.

It seems odd to me considering UEFAs other final the champions league is on Saturdays that they have this final on a sunday

Yeah Sundays for Finals has been the norm for as far back as I can remember. I remember the European Cup Final been on a Weds.

Saying that, I remember Giant Haystacks on World Of Sport on a Sat afternoon and Mid Week Grandstand showing footy highlights on a Weds before Sky Sports

Euro 2020: Pubs to stay open later for final on Sunday
Licensing laws are to be relaxed to allow pubs to stay open later for Sunday's Euro 2020 final, Downing Street has confirmed.
Premises will be able to stay open for an extra 45 minutes until 11.15pm, in case the game goes to extra time and penalties.
The measure would apply whether or not England get to the final

I came out the pub last night and everywhere in my town stopped serving mind you there was about a 500+ p#ssed young lads dancing in the streets.
Last thing they needed was re-fuelling :)

Back