erase an atmel

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
my head is totally gone now.. how do you erase a AT49lv1614 with a willem? and reprogram it?? i get to 6.7 seconds and the chip is still not blank..

It's a long time since I done these but have a look at the attached file-If you're using Willem software to read make sure you have the Temporary Sector Unprotect box ticked as shown. Also make sure you find the Atmel49LV when you ID the chip and all legs are clean and making good contact

I've attached the old software I used to use as well although there may be updated versions out now? Give it a go anyway.

I've had the same symptoms as you and always find the cure is to clean the legs and reseat the chip in the programmer. Normally finds a cotton bud soaked in meths does the trick.

sorted the erase out. my willem had a jumper missing...when writing dumps to a 2000 box atmels do you have to get the dumps the right way round?? as in a certain dump has to be on the left chip???

Yes or you will be lifting.
As you are looking at the box from the front the normal procedure most peeps adopt is
Left chip saved as LLL.hex Right Chip RRR.hex.
Writing back to the chip itself doesnt matter as the programmers erase the chip before writing.
So to clarify if you Write the Left dump first that has got to go to the left attie pad and you can guess the rest..

I used to find it easier to lift and read one at a time, then put it back on & reboot & make sure it doesn't have the 8888's. At least this way you can be near on certain of the chip giving problems.

i think iv buggered one of the chips ddoing the re-read. trying to program another chip. it erases and programs but always comes up with error on verifying.. is this normal ?

No, it should verify correctly; the fact that it doesn't means a corrupt write.

ive tried everything, cleaned the legs etc. is it my setup on the willem???

You may have overcooked the chip at some point. Likely only good for the bin.Take one from a 4 chip sim if you have 1

ive asked this question befor but go no answer,what temperature setting on my re-work station is right? so i don't cook the chip?the display ihad running at 300. is that too hot?? i didnt keep the heat on for long the solder seemed to flow...

still havin trouble with these atties..legs are clean (6 chips in total) they id first time, they read. fail verify every time on all 6 chips..erase the attie and write an image. fails on verify...i'm obviously doing something wrong. tried both programs and tried using both chip type settings..still wont verify.. any one got any ideas???

These are the settings I used on same programmer-check jumpers and the programme version I used was097 ja(attached in earlier post.

See if that makes any difference.

These are the settings I used on same programmer-check jumpers and the programme version I used was097 ja(attached in earlier post.

See if that makes any difference.

the only difference i have is the one ive got won't run with dip 2 on all others off.it won't id the chip.... i thought it was supposed to be dip 3 set to on??? can you confirm???

this 1 reads & writes with dip2 or dip3 on only-all others off?? Just ran a chip on both settings and wrote/verified. I'm using a 12v modem supply-just trying all options. When you erase chip do you have temporary sector ticked? And how far does chip go before failing-does it reach 100%?

if i read a chip, it says ok. then verify fails.. to write a chip i erase with temp sector ticked. it gets about 6% erase it a couple of times ,sometimes it only reaches 3 to 4 %. check to see if chip blank. it does and says so..the only thing the proggy wont do is verify any image.
with dip 2 set it id's as hitachi, cmos i'm well puzzled..

Hmmm that's a weird one-I would have thought if it writes OK there's no reason for it to fail on verify??? You have a PM with another suggestion anyway

found an old 29lv160b. and it'll read and verify but the at49lv1614 won't even complete 2% of verification.. does that give anyone any ideas??

Back