EPG not populating properly on Zgemma H.2S

SiloSpark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, i seem to have a great deal of trouble getting the EPG (of any kind) to populate properly, its sparse to say the least, Sky channels dont populate too well if at all and terrestrial channels only populate well on the main 5 channels, the rest are sporadic.

Any ideas or help guys?

I had flashed not too long ago, i've also just updated the box software (message said this will be the last openvix from the 3.5 branch further image updates will need to be done by usb or image manager) but still the epg doesn't update properly?? in the main epg (if thats what you call it? the one where you first click in to a boquet) hardly anything is populated, if i then press down arrow (after selecting a channel) then about 80% is populated with the "Now" & "Later" but there are still gaps, its driving me nuts, at least my F5's epg was more stable!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time if you want.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data.
Do not touch until it has finished downloading and installing data.

Flash the latest Vix image from Zgemma dot tv download site openvix-4.0.003.release

Thanks for that detailed "How to", i have a few problems, i have a 2gb fat32 formatted flash drive, i plugged it in and the box displays "no files available for viewing on this media), i have initialised the usb ok but i cannot change any location to usb/ the only options i have are "internal flash" or "hdd/media" it wont give me the option for USB, also i do not have the "Update XEPGDB providers" and no "EPG Source".

Any ideas?

Select hdd media as this is your USB..
just follow the tutorial..
If you continue to have issues use a different USB drive and start over.

Thanks for that, i am trying to flash the latest vix but the box wont get to flash on the screen, i have turned the box off, insert the usb with the zgemma folder on it (usb worked for flash previously), turn power on, and thats where it ends, doesnt say usb on the box (just the time) and pressing the power button on the box just puts it in stand by?

Time for bed and try again tomorrow!

Refotmat USB to fat32 on computer..
download latest update/firmware file again
Unpack/extract to "HERE"
Transfer unpacked folder to USB.
Right click on USB in my PC and select Eject USB from computer
Use the rear USB port on box and start over.

I installed open atv 5.3 which seems to be less trouble than your having.
Couple of simple checks I can think of are fit the usb in the back usb, image files need to be in the folder zgemma/h3 folder
try formatting the usb again and extract a zip image to the usb drive, fat32 is same as the format I used only difference was the size. I think it was suggested to use a minimum of 4gb

Back