Setting up new Zgemma h.2s

manutd

Inactive User
Reaction score
A friend of mine is purchasing a a Zgemma h.2s. He has asked if I could help set it up to receive sly channels before he buys. Therefore before he buys I want to ensure I know how to set it up as this is his first box so don't want him buy and I can't end up helping him.

This probably will be new box so unsure what will be pre-installed.

What are the main steps in setting the box up? what files do I need to set up?

Done some reading on other threads so just getting confirmation that I'm on the right track.

1) Install Image. Either OpenVix or OpenATV. Read the following which says I can install OpenAtV only. Is that correct? If it is I will download from the link on that thread

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/zgemma-receivers-684/429694-image-h-2s-zgemma.html

2) Open an ftp program, and install cccam to /var/etc/

Are these the only 2 steps required to get a new Zgemma box bought from fleebay up and running? Do I need install/flash any other files/images?

Does installing Image include all channels and bouqets?

Thanks in advance

You would be better off using OpenATV it supports the Zgemma range officially VIX does not. OpenATV also fix issues very quickly.

The image is a base image so youll have to install a cam channel settings and setup the EPG.

How do I install cam channel settings and setup the EPG?

How do I install cam channel settings and setup the EPG?

By FTP mostly

On Openatv you need to install the cam feed see attached. Also if you use rats channel updater you can download channel setting.

To install both of these ftp them to the tmp folder at the root of the image and then use the software manager via the blue button to select and install them.

After the install go Menu-Plugins then press the green button and select the cam of your choice and press ok. The start the cam again on the blue button.

To download channel setting select the Rats plugin and press ok it will install the settings.

Attachments

• softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.rar
    934 bytes · Views: 6
Do you install openatv image the same way. Transfer to root and install via FTP and software manager.

Thanks ferret. Seems easy enough. I'll have a go when the box arrives.

All done and managed to do it by using a step by step guide I found. Just a couple of things if someone can help

Most channels are full screen but some are not. How can this be fixed as full screen on my original skybox and not on the zgemma

HD Channels - as most HD channels don't work eg sky sports, how do I get the bouquet to automatically remove those that don't work? or will I have to do this manually?

How do you change the boot logo? The image when the box starts

Back