Enigma UK Cable Image v1.0.1 - Here you go!

mrdude

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well here it is: The first released dreambox 600 enigma image built from the cvs by MrDude for UK cable veiwing.

This image Has had a few updates from the cvs such as an extra remote control mode which mimics the dbox for channel browsing, the restart enigma patch added, UK now and next on the infobar and a new cables.xml file for Scanning in all of the UK.

It also has a custom plugin to allow you to select between 3 inbuilt cams which are Evocamd/Mgcamd or Newcamd as well as being able to make an image backup and services/keys backup to your hard drive.

Also included is a new skin made by me, however all current released skins that work on the dreambox 500 should also work fine on this image.

I have also enabled the advanced web interface which is good for streaming your TV to a wireless laptop which has video lan client installed.

This image also uses the flexmenu plugin so users can modify the plugin easily with custom scripts...just have a poke around USR/CAMS/CAMSCRIPTS and USR/BIN for some samples - scripts are run from the /etc/tuxbox/config/shellexec.conf file.

Handy Tips:

You can update your cams by placing them in USR/CAMS - just overwrite any old ones.

You can change the boot logo by replacing USR/BIN/logo.mvi

Standard Skins can be used - many are available to download from the internet

Did you know that you can place your services and config file in /usr/share/enigma/default/ so if you select from the expert setup menu - factory reset! your own settings will now be the default settings?

There are a few more tweeks - but why not download this image and give it a try - you might just like it.

Thanks to Curious123 for beta testing and osborne82 for the help with the cvs....

This image comes pre-installed with east central scotland services - just replace those with your own - then load the Extra Settings plugin and select Backup & Restore/Services & Bouquets/Reload services - this will then update your files.

Download Here:
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1656/

Enjoy.

Edit Skin Notes: I am still modding the skin so please keep checking this thread for updates, so far this is skin update 1 just replace the file in

/usr/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/

With this attatchment, this fixes a few small screen position flaws shown in the picture:
Update1.png

The image in the downloads area has already had this fix applied so if you are a new user there is no need to apply this file.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to wait to try this out, but it's something I'm looking forward too. Thanks for the files!

Cheers

Thanks for sharing your images with the rest of the forum mrdude.

I wish I had a 600 now so that I could have a play.

Thanks for sharing your images with the rest of the forum mrdude.

I wish I had a 600 now so that I could have a play.

No worries, I learned everything needed from this forum anyway so it's payback for the help received.

If anyone can get any other cams working on this image please can you post your files so I can add them - only post tested and working files thanks.

cannot wait to give it a try. will let you know how it goes this evening. thanks for the hard work.

hia people i tried this image late last nite

i scanned for channels

but i cant get the cams to work????

i found i keep getting this problem with any images.......

i find i have to put the keys from my 500c in there?

Different areas in the UK use different keys, all these cams work and Auto update - If you install your own services & boquets files - then select a TV program, then reboot - the cams will automatically update your keys if you leave the box on an encrypted channel (such as discovery) for a few minutes.

You need to do it like that because:

When the box first boots - a script is activated to start the cam, if it doesn't find a channel to decode it doesn't work - when you load your own services and select a channel it's best to reload the cam - so rebooting the box does this, once on a proper channel the cam can work properly (and update your keys).

Last edited:
Hi just tried the image looks quite stable epg etc working fine will leave it on see how it goes thanks mrdude keep up the great work***

thanks for the help guys :)

i removed the services using the menu, set it to eveocamd

rebooted

then did a scan. havent got all channels yet, but re scanning now :)

great image thanks very much :p

only problem i have is when i press ok to bring up the channel list, it only fills up half of the box? in the middle of the screen?
any ideas??? :p

thanks sent ;)

thanks for the help guys :)

Only problem i have is when i press ok to bring up the channel list, it only fills up half of the box? in the middle of the screen?
any ideas??? :p

thanks sent ;)

Yes press ok to bring up the channels, then press the video button a couple of times - there are 3 different view modes - you're sounding like your on the second one just now.

Last edited:
I have now added the new pulse skin I made, the image has been updated in the downloads section - enjoy!

hopefully my box comes on monday and ill fire this on thanks mate

Back