England v Algeria

Blaming the manager is our typical English response time we looked at the players the bunch of overrated fannies!

Time and time again they cock up on the World Cup. Capello used the same formation, players and style in the qualifiers barring Walcott and everyone was singing his praises the fact is our players can't step up when it matters.

Not Capello who is to blame but the pricks on the pitch

Spot on Nani mate. Typical media driven bullshit kneejerk responses.

As for Rooney's little rant at the camera, I don't blame him TBH. What does booing achieve? It certainly doesn't motivate them to play better, or help with confidence after a poor display.

Good on the lad I say.

/Dazza dons hard hat and flak jacket. ;)

Last edited:
Weve supposedly got top players lol
Lampard,Gerrard,Rooney etc etc all perform to the highest level for club yet for country .... Utter shite ... Lets not forget tho that for club these guys are all playing football with foreigners and that speaks volumes.

pure and utter rubbish,drop the feckers get the second string on,they cant do no worse

yep its just as easy to blame the players, they play crap as a team and are pansies on too much money.... BUT last night I think it was obvious to anyone that has watched a game of football before- the 4-4-2 formation needed changing!!
It was so obvious the back four were standing around bored, even though algeria had control of midfield but didnt have the quality to do anything further. Our midfield seriously needed formation change to resolve. None of us here are managers but it was so bloody obvious. 3-5-2 or even 3-6-1 if needed to produce some pressure, I dont even think 4-5-1 was the way to play last night as algeria wasnt any trouble. Certainy the subs and change were needed sooner and that should have happened. What is the point in standing around for 90 mins in stalemate? Its the world cup ffs, all or nothing, if its not working it needs change even if its a gamble.
So as much as I agree that our players are shit together, they take orders as pro's and do the job in the position they are told. The management was terrible fullstop. That was a total joke that the formation stayed 4-4-2 while the players knew it wasnt any good.

Also, at one point on tv we saw Gerrard talking to Capello about change and Capello seemed annoyed that maybe Gerrard was telling him he wanted to change? Anyone else notice this? From lip-reading Capello did agree with something, then said 'NO SAFE SAFE' in slight anger, after gerrard said something else? Just after this was when Rooney dropped back on the left wing and Gerrard went central. Anyway, it was all too late but my bet is that Gerrard was trying to gain formation change, and at minimum got his & rooneys positions altered. I have my doubt this was Capello who decided, due to his body language. I think the players wanted to force change.... a mutiny was due? Would be good if anyone else noticed this lol
Either way, Capello has lost direction for our pansies, and they dont have faith in him or confidence playing the game. We're stuffed :(

Last edited:
It's very frustrating watching them play like that, there seemed no desire. There can be no excuses at all really because this is the world cup.

FFS I saw Heskey defending at one stage...whats the need for that, why is he so far back. I really thought they would change in the 2nd half but it was just the same old rubbish as 1st half. I thought Algeria played better football.

Something has to change or they will be coming home early and it will be seen as one of the most embarrassing England world cup finals ever. The gutter press will crucify them...acually they are probably hoping they dont go through so they can crucify them.

Will someone please get in touch with Cappello and inform him that playing Joe Cole on the bench is not a proper position. One of Englands really true gifted creative players and he hasn't had a kick.

@pink...yes I saw Cappello and Gerrard and my mates and myself all thought Gerrard was trying to get a change of position but Cappello seemed to tell him NO.

I am not going to singe out any players for playing poorly...lets just say the defenders did o.k and they rest were poor.

I am still hopeful though. Beat the mighty Slovenia and it will all be forgotten and the press will have England as world beaters again...:proud:

joe cole needs to start on wednesday, he's the ONLY technically gifted player we have. its great when u win qualifiers & friendlies but u got to the business when it really counts. no excuses this time with weather, ball etc... personally i didnt think the formation needed changing, it was more the personnel and where they were playing. i would still go 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 on wednesday with:

lennon---gerrard---barry---j.cole

--------------rooney-----------------

--------------crouch/defoe-----------------

i would drop lampard and heskey who have both been hopeless...

tbh this is the worse england squad i've seen for a while in terms of depth and quality.

joe cole needs to start on wednesday, he's the ONLY technically gifted player we have. its great when u win qualifiers & friendlies but u got to the business when it really counts. no excuses this time with weather, ball etc... personally i didnt think the formation needed changing, it was more the personnel and where they were playing. i would still go 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 on wednesday with:

lennon---gerrard---barry---j.cole

--------------rooney-----------------

--------------crouch/defoe-----------------

i would drop lampard and heskey who have both been hopeless...

tbh this is the worse england squad i've seen for a while in terms of depth and quality.

Agree with the formation there as i reckon thats englands best bet to go with the 4-4-1-1.

Personnel wise id stick with Lampard and drop Heskey although shockingly enough Heskey's been one of our better performers. FFS it's bad news when Heskey's one of your best players.

id have this

Jonhson ------ Dawson ------Terry tears-----Any holes a goal cole

Lemon---------Lumpard-------Barry-------- J.Cole----------------

-------------------------Gerrard---------------------------------

----------------------Rooney------------------------------------

With this formation and having Gerrard in that position he can drop in to make up a five man midfield when not in possession. Barry can also drop into the hole between midfield and defense to sweep up.

Back