Email trick

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
On W11 Pro the old trick of using a rubbish email account to bypass using an Ms account on new install still working. You still though have to have a working internet connection. This is on the latest insider build 22622 version from UUPDUMP.

email id : [email protected]
pw Bollo--s (or anything appropriate !!)

1661946117569.png

Win 11 install with no internet

To install Windows 11 without internet connection:

When you get to the let's connect screen hit shift F10.
This will open up the command prompt and type oobe\bypassnro
The computer will restart and now add the option to skip internet connection and allow local account to be set up.

As of recently, I've been entering the email A, the password A, and when it errors, it lets you continue with a local account instead of telling you to go back and correct the password.

getting to like it no issues for me on unsupported or supported devices prefer local account as no need to sync etc

still seems faster than Windows 10

gonna go with it i think

This method still works if you use standard install methods -- i.e setup.exe or dism /ApplyImage.
You don't need to run things to bypass OOBE things or create weird install options from Rufus etc.

At create / login to Microsoft Account -- just enter an email address of

[email protected]

For password anything you like -- e.g. WhataLoadofBollocks and then press enter

you'll see 'OOP'S something went wrong. Hit the next button and you can now enter a local user name etc.

Was still working Yesterday (Aug 2) on a fresh W11 install of latest Canary build for W11 pro.

Hi,

I recently purchased a new PC with Win 11 Pro installed, and am trying to install my four email accounts into the Windows Mail application.
On my Samsung Tablet I have two gmail accounts and two BT accounts. All working OK on my tablet. The two BT accounts installed successfully into Mail on the PC, but the two gmail accounts come up with the error message “ Unable to access this account. Please update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device.”

I have checked the passwords and they are correct, and I am able to access my gmail account by logging on line to Google gmail and read my gmail messages.
I therefore assume that I need to give permission to sync to the Win email application, but so far I have been unable to find how to do that.

Can anyone help please.

Thank You

Back