Email Prob with AVG

airliebird58

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently I have been having problems receiving emails with OE whilst having my AVG email scanner switched on. I can send emails fine. I did visit the Grisoft site and looked through their forum, and apparently its to do with a certain update and you had to reconfigure your firewall to recognise certain AVG files again (In exceptions)
Now I have done this and it still doesnt work. I must admit to getting blinded with science with some of the answers on the AVG forum.
Has anyone else encountered this problem, and more importantly, has it been fixed!
Thanks AB58 :)

PS I'm using the AVG free version.

airliebird58 said:
Hi all,
Recently I have been having problems receiving emails with OE whilst having my AVG email scanner switched on. I can send emails fine. I did visit the Grisoft site and looked through their forum, and apparently its to do with a certain update and you had to reconfigure your firewall to recognise certain AVG files again (In exceptions)
Now I have done this and it still doesnt work. I must admit to getting blinded with science with some of the answers on the AVG forum.
Has anyone else encountered this problem, and more importantly, has it been fixed!
Thanks AB58 :)

PS I'm using the AVG free version.
have you tried uninstalling the avg and install it back in i had no probs with the free version and i used oe all the time now i have norton as i did not get on with the avg hope this help you pal

Thanks for you reply sharpe1983, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but unfortunately its still the same. I've used AVG for ages now and this is the first time Ive had any probs.
If I switch the email scanner off it works fine, sort of defeats the point of it though really dunnit lol.
Just as another point, Ive installed Mozilla Thunderbird and its just the same as OE.
A-B58

Back