Electricity to rise by up to 50%

I do feel like i'm being fleeced, and i did even phone them up to check the rate but they were adiment that it was all hunky dory. However they are changing the meter to a new smartcard one next week, dont know if that will effect it! I'll check to see what the new rate is on it.

I think it might have something to do with the amount of tech us four guys run, I alone have 2xcomputers with three monitors, a mega LCD tv + consoles!

However I think that several of us use electric heaters rather than wait for the heating to come on, and then there is the tumble dryer etc...

I would say £40 is fairly typical for a week, there are some weeks where we stretch it out a but but thats usually only because we stick it on emergency credit!

I even tried changing every lightbulb in the house to an energy saving one!!

I do feel like i'm being fleeced, and i did even phone them up to check the rate but they were adiment that it was all hunky dory. However they are changing the meter to a new smartcard one next week, dont know if that will effect it! I'll check to see what the new rate is on it.

I think it might have something to do with the amount of tech us four guys run, I alone have 2xcomputers with three monitors, a mega LCD tv + consoles!

However I think that several of us use electric heaters rather than wait for the heating to come on, and then there is the tumble dryer etc...

I would say £40 is fairly typical for a week, there are some weeks where we stretch it out a but but thats usually only because we stick it on emergency credit!

I even tried changing every lightbulb in the house to an energy saving one!!

Your TV, consoles, lights etc will not use a patch compared to your drier and your electric heaters. We have 2 PC's, a laopy and the Xbox 360 on lots and lots, you just have to look on here at the times the posts are to see how long my computers and stuff are on. Then the TV's in each room etc, etc.

What kind of electric heaters do you use mate?

Having 5 kids our washing machine is on at least 4 days a week and the drier the same also.

As I say our average week is £15i often more, then the Gas on top whcih is just silly, silly money!

YOU do Know this can be Rectified-----BUT---Only if WE ALL get off our BUMS and do this...

Leave ALL vehicles Home for 3 days...YEP, that's all will be needed...Leave em home n walk..If you can't get into work, you must be paid because Government Said Catch Public Transport.....But there will be NONE..
They will lose TRILLIONS in that time n will fold to our demands.....BUT Alas, no Bugger will do it....

Tony Blair sussed ya ALL out!!!!!!n now Gordon is doing same..

YOU do Know this can be Rectified-----BUT---Only if WE ALL get off our BUMS and do this...

Leave ALL vehicles Home for 3 days...YEP, that's all will be needed...Leave em home n walk..If you can't get into work, you must be paid because Government Said Catch Public Transport.....But there will be NONE..
They will lose TRILLIONS in that time n will fold to our demands.....BUT Alas, no Bugger will do it....

Tony Blair sussed ya ALL out!!!!!!n now Gordon is doing same..

In the mean time we all starve, including our children, pets, etc. The country goes to ruins.

I can't get a job 35 miles away, yes I want it, but I can't get it.

What shall I do?

In the mean time we all starve, including our children, pets, etc. The country goes to ruins.

I can't get a job 35 miles away, yes I want it, but I can't get it.

What shall I do?

Reckon if ya start walking now you could be in work for about 8:00 in the morning chum ;)

Foxy lives !! lol

Hard as it may seem to a lot of people (and I am by no means a fan of the current government as I think the way the country is run is scandalous) but it isn't the Governments fault that your electricity.gas/petrol prices are going up. There are a number of factors:

Oil is at a record high (this has a knock on effect to power and gas) dictated by global demand and the OPEC countries having a tight rein on supply.

Carbon allowance, approx 30% of Coal generation costs are associated to carbon allowances, less for gas but we have already mentioned oil prices.

North Sea Gas depletion, the North Sea fields are not supplying as much gas as they once did and so we are now a net importer of gas and not exporter which creates transportation issues and costs.

Though all considered, the current suppliers are raking in too much profit and are adding too much 'risk premium' into their prices, this need to be sorted out by OFGEM. Also given the high oil prices, there should be some relief on petrol duty as it simply ridiculous the cost compared to other countries (but that wont happen because it wouldn't be green).

I bought one of these gadgets to monitor the kWh per hour

n42fr_2.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=220934&DOY=5m5&tabs=n

You'll be surprised on how much you can save by just turning off appliances from the mains, TV's on standby, microwave, PC's etc...

With everything off apart from the fridge and a few clocks plug in I can get mine to under .2 kWh per hour

put your iron, kettle, oven, toaster on and see the thing shot through the root to over 7 kWh per hour

France 80% nuclear has the cheapest electricity in Europe.
They supply parts of England, Germany and Italy.
And we still got people talking about windmills etc.
When you look into they are not cost effective.

Hard as it may seem to a lot of people (and I am by no means a fan of the current government as I think the way the country is run is scandalous) but it isn't the Governments fault that your electricity.gas/petrol prices are going up. There are a number of factors:

Oil is at a record high (this has a knock on effect to power and gas) dictated by global demand and the OPEC countries having a tight rein on supply.

Carbon allowance, approx 30% of Coal generation costs are associated to carbon allowances, less for gas but we have already mentioned oil prices.

North Sea Gas depletion, the North Sea fields are not supplying as much gas as they once did and so we are now a net importer of gas and not exporter which creates transportation issues and costs.

Though all considered, the current suppliers are raking in too much profit and are adding too much 'risk premium' into their prices, this need to be sorted out by OFGEM. Also given the high oil prices, there should be some relief on petrol duty as it simply ridiculous the cost compared to other countries (but that wont happen because it wouldn't be green).

Of course it is the Government's fault.

If they handled their (sorry OUR) finances better then they would not have to tax us so fecking much in the first place!!!!!

If they did not steal from us to pay for their travel, to feed their own stomachs, to refurbish their own houses, we would not have to pay so much in tax!!!

If I were to be given a £20,000 grant to setup a business then decide to spend it on a holiday and a new extension on my house I think I would end up in jail, don't you?

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense. As far as i'm aware Demestic Elec and Gas are only taxed at 5% (petrol, now thats another thing). I agree we are over taxed (myself more than most) but that isn't the reason why Elec prices are escalating.
French fuel elec prices are cheapest in Europe because they are effectively subsidised, though Nuclear Power is the cheapest form of production in the current environment but the big problem is high construction costs, high exit costs and of course the fact that no one wants a Nuke station on their doorstep.

THESE ASSHOLE are going to end up killing people either by someone freezing to death or by some poor bugger getting blown up trying to bypass the metre because they can't afford the fuel bills maybe then the useless twats that are supposed to be running the country will do something about it but then again they will probably just give themselves another giant pay rise and say I'm all right jack.

Do you even think they care?

brown_case_mar07_emp_300.jpg

the uk has gone ti fuk!

watch these videos

ht*p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZQkYnPo2sA&feature=related

h*tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4bSCaoDlDs&feature=related

all is explained...

they really don't give a fek, as long as they are lining their pockets, why should he care, his annual pension after being pm will be more than i earn in 20 years.

Last edited:
HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Are you trying say they subsidence the electricity they supply to England , Germany and Italy.

They have a couple only about 30 miles from our coastline.
Why do you thing people are only waking up to the idea, at the moment, nuclear power is at the moment the only way forward. We have lost over 11/2 million jobs in the last 10years because our energy is so dear.
If we don't do anything about it. then we will become just a service industry.

HTML:

That doesn't make sense. As far as i'm aware Demestic Elec and Gas are only taxed at 5% (petrol, now thats another thing). I agree we are over taxed (myself more than most) but that isn't the reason why Elec prices are escalating.
French fuel elec prices are cheapest in Europe because they are effectively subsidised, though Nuclear Power is the cheapest form of production in the current environment but the big problem is high construction costs, high exit costs and of course the fact that no one wants a Nuke station on their doorstep.

No mate I think you got me wrong.

I meant overall taxes that we spend is being mis-spent.

If the Government did not waste so much money I believe they could hold household fuel bills at a certain level all year round, absobing the odd rise themselves as we know fuel costs go up and down all the time.

So they would be absorbing them when they are high and making their profit when they are low.

This way everyone at home, both the wealthy and the vulnerable (the poor) will know exactly if their key meter is going to last the same length time on the same expense as the week previous. Nothing worse than running out of leccy or gas in the winter two days before pay day when you have not done anything different around the home from the previous week!!

A lot of people on benefits may not be able to get hold of cash to cover the extra two days so they have got a choice, either buy food or do without heat and electric for a couple of days.

Home fuel is one point where the Government should focus more on.

Think of that warship they fitted out a few years ago, I think it was something like a £20million refurbishment only to blow it up in the middle of the Ocean as target practise for the Navy a few months later!!!

WTF was all that about? £20 fecking million quid down the drain!!!!! Are they brain dead or what????

That could posible feed the kids school dinners over the whole country for a full term!!!!

HTML:

Are you trying say they subsidence the electricity they supply to England , Germany and Italy.

They have a couple only about 30 miles from our coastline.
Why do you thing people are only waking up to the idea, at the moment, nuclear power is at the moment the only way forward. We have lost over 11/2 million jobs in the last 10years because our energy is so dear.
If we don't do anything about it. then we will become just a service industry.

so all the terrorists have to do is set off a nuclear device in france and boom! there goes europe and the rest of us die from the fallout...

your all off your heads!

to calm energy consumption stop imports from china, no gadgets no need for electricity, slow down chinas need for oil, reduce prices, wonderful knock on effect..

Back