Sensible Topic Electricity bills to double.

An off-the-wall thought...

If, as reported, it will cost £50 billion for HS2 and the average PV installation (ignore Feed-in-Tariff) costs about £5k maybe it would be better to fund 10 million home-owners with PV panels through a loan mechanism?

Same cost, more benefit?

Sorry, that was REALLY stupid of me, too many peasants benefit :(

I should have pointed out in my OP That Mr Harold Wilson when he was prime minister promised us free gas when the North Sea gas and Oil fields came on Line. That worked out really well didn't it

That stirred up a distant memory from my early teens of some grey haired old duffer outside a power station saying it would generate electricity so cheaply that " it wouldn't be worth metering". The problem was that having achieved grey haired old duffer status myself, I couldn't remember what the project was called. I woke up today with the name, not having been aware I was even thinking about it. :err:

It was called Zeta, and the announcement was made by (presumably) Harold McMillan at the opening of an experimental fusion reactor in 1958.

55 years and counting, such a pity science can't keep up with a politicians mouth !:)

Back